'Frankie Go Boom' Poster Features a Transgender Ron Perlman (Photo)
The "Sons of Anarchy" star makes a very ugly woman in the upcoming SXSW-premiering film.
Frankie Go Boom, it can be certain, will not be sold on sex appeal. At least when it comes to the advertising featuring Ron Perlman.
Eschewing his usual tough guy roles, such as those in Sons of Anarchy and Drive, Perlman finds himself in full drag for writer/director Jordan Roberts' upcoming indie comedy, playing a transgendered Phil-turned-Phyllis. The film features Perlman's SOA co-star Charlie Hunnam as Frank, the tortured brother of Chris O'Dowd's YouTube prankster Bruce.
Party Down's Lizzy Caplan co-stars as the woman with whom Frank has a disastrous one night stand, leading to even more embarrassment and torture from his brother.
For all the main plot's intrigue, however, the film is most definitely banking on Perlman's less-than-beautiful visage to sell itself; Perlman himself is talking up the insanity of the costume, telling Moviehole back in September, "You'll see me be the ugliest broad you've ever seen, in the history of womanhood. I can't wait to see it. I have not seen it yet, but it's quite funny."
The film is set to debut at South by Southwest later in March; this poster premiered at Movieline.
- Here Are the 3 Men Who Are Not Vin Diesel Who Might Direct Furious 8
- Denis O’Hare Got Tips From RuPaul’s Alaska to Play ‘Liz Taylor’ for American Horror Story: Hotel
- Movies Need to Stop Explaining Everything (Looking at You, The Walk)
- Nicole Kidman Will Guest on Empire After She Stops Living Out Her English Fantasies
- Nick Carter Breaks Out Backstreet Boy Moves for 'Dancing With the Stars' Jazz With Sharna Burgess (Video)
- Justin Bieber Reveals Album Title & Talks One Direction (Video)
- DWTS' Allison Holker Is Pregnant, Expecting a Baby with Stephen 'tWitch' Boss!
- Evan Peters Gushes Over Emma Roberts: 'I Just Love Her'