'Frankie Go Boom' Poster Features a Transgender Ron Perlman (Photo)
The "Sons of Anarchy" star makes a very ugly woman in the upcoming SXSW-premiering film.
Frankie Go Boom, it can be certain, will not be sold on sex appeal. At least when it comes to the advertising featuring Ron Perlman.
Eschewing his usual tough guy roles, such as those in Sons of Anarchy and Drive, Perlman finds himself in full drag for writer/director Jordan Roberts' upcoming indie comedy, playing a transgendered Phil-turned-Phyllis. The film features Perlman's SOA co-star Charlie Hunnam as Frank, the tortured brother of Chris O'Dowd's YouTube prankster Bruce.
Party Down's Lizzy Caplan co-stars as the woman with whom Frank has a disastrous one night stand, leading to even more embarrassment and torture from his brother.
For all the main plot's intrigue, however, the film is most definitely banking on Perlman's less-than-beautiful visage to sell itself; Perlman himself is talking up the insanity of the costume, telling Moviehole back in September, "You'll see me be the ugliest broad you've ever seen, in the history of womanhood. I can't wait to see it. I have not seen it yet, but it's quite funny."
The film is set to debut at South by Southwest later in March; this poster premiered at Movieline.
- Mia Farrow Faces Backlash For Tweeting Address Of Dentist Who Killed Cecil The Lion
- Son Of Imprisoned Rapper Mac Phipps Says 'It's A Good Feeling' Dad May Be Home Soon
- The Lesson Robin Williams Taught Marlon Brando About Acting
- Donald Trump Slams Lawyer Who Claimed He Called Her 'Disgusting' Over Breast Milk
- 'Mission: Impossible' Director Reveals the Crazy Action Scene You May Never See
- Tom Cruise on How 'Mission: Impossible' Raises the Emotional Stakes
- Michael Keaton and Rachel McAdams Dig Into Church Scandal in 'Spotlight' Trailer
- 'Rogue Nation' Director Chris McQuarrie Reveals How to Make Great Action Scenes