'Gambit' Trailer Offers Colin Firth, Cameron Diaz, Alan Rickman and A Lot of Skin (Video)
A first look at the comedy offers hijinks and leg hair.
Yes, Gambit is a remake of the 1966 Michael Caine-Shirley MacLaine film of the same name, but from the first trailer, it seems that there are many other influences at work here.
It's hard to tell exactly from any two minute clip, but this cinematic stew also contains powerful hints of Oceans Eleven, Raising Arizona and The King's Speech. And why shouldn't it? After all, the film, about a contemptible CEO's loyal and long-suffering assistant, who finally snaps and hatches a scheme to sell him a fake painting and pocket the cash for the real one, was written by Joel and Ethan Coen, stars Colin Firth and features Cameron Diaz as a quirky, scheming bumpkin.
Alan Rickman also features in the film, as the aforementioned CEO, who is largely Snape without the cape (a Harry Potter reference, if you weren't sure). Supporting in the Michael Hoffman-directed film are a well-disguised Stanley Tucci and Cloris Leachman. CBS is distributing in America.
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril
- Conan O'Brien Crashed a 'Magic Mike XXL' Girls Night - and It Was Glorious
- Kim Kardashian Shares More Fourth of July Family Photos!
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Irina Shayk Sit Front Row for Atelier Versace Show at Paris Fashion Week
- David & Victoria Beckham Celebrate 16-Year Anniversary
- Kit Harington's Long Hair is Giving 'Game of Thrones' Fans Hope That Jon Snow Will Be Back