'Gambit' Trailer Offers Colin Firth, Cameron Diaz, Alan Rickman and A Lot of Skin (Video)
A first look at the comedy offers hijinks and leg hair.
Yes, Gambit is a remake of the 1966 Michael Caine-Shirley MacLaine film of the same name, but from the first trailer, it seems that there are many other influences at work here.
It's hard to tell exactly from any two minute clip, but this cinematic stew also contains powerful hints of Oceans Eleven, Raising Arizona and The King's Speech. And why shouldn't it? After all, the film, about a contemptible CEO's loyal and long-suffering assistant, who finally snaps and hatches a scheme to sell him a fake painting and pocket the cash for the real one, was written by Joel and Ethan Coen, stars Colin Firth and features Cameron Diaz as a quirky, scheming bumpkin.
Alan Rickman also features in the film, as the aforementioned CEO, who is largely Snape without the cape (a Harry Potter reference, if you weren't sure). Supporting in the Michael Hoffman-directed film are a well-disguised Stanley Tucci and Cloris Leachman. CBS is distributing in America.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years