'Generation Um…' Trailer: Keanu Reeves Forsakes His Action Star Roots for Indie Role (Video)
"The Matrix" star returns to acting in an indie film from writer-director Michael Mann.
The last time Keanu Reeves acted in a blockbuster action film it was The Day the Earth Stood Still in 2008. Since then the Speed actor has kept a relatively low profile, opting for behind the camera work, including producing Side by Side, a documentary about the rise of digital filmmaking.
After this small hiatus, Revees stars in Generation Um…, a film that follows a single night in the lives of three party-hopping friends in New York City as they document their sexual escapades and test the boundaries of their relationship.
Reeves plays John, a driver for an escort service, who is starting to age out of his trendy, urbanite surroundings. His two escort girlfriends are Violet (Bojana Novakovic), an unstoppable entertainer, and Mia (Adelaide Clemens), the new girl with the dark past. When John impulsively steals a camcorder, he resolves to record one of his booze-filled nights with Mia and Violet, effectively capturing on film their shared intimate bond and exposing secrets from their separate pasts.
Generation Um…, directed by Mark Mann, is being distributed by Phase 4 Films. It arrives on VOD on April 26 and has a limited theatrical release date of May 3.
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'