Gerard Butler is Finding his Religion in 'Machine Gun Preacher' Trailer (Video)
The actor plays a former drug dealer who travels to Sudan to save kidnapped children.
In Machine Gun Preacher, Gerard Butler plays a bad-guy-gone-good.
Sam Childers (Butler) was a drug dealer, in need of salvation, when he decides to travel to Sudan to aid the suffering country. There, he goes on a mission to help the kidnapped children of Sudan. And there are guns — even a bazooka or two.
Directed by Marc Forster (Monster’s Ball, Stranger Than Fiction), the inspirational film is based on a true story. Michelle Monaghan and Michael Shannon co-star in the biopic, which opens in limited release on September 23, with a wider release to follow.
Here is the explosive and dramatic trailer for Machine Gun Preacher:
- Here's the Full Tracklist for Lorde's 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack (PHOTO & AUDIO)
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Nate Parker Share a Moment in This Exclusive 'Beyond the Lights' Preview
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? In 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!