'The Giant Mechanical Man' Trailer Features Jenna Fischer Flailing, Loving Robotic Chris Messina (Video)
The indie romantic comedy, which will play at the Tribeca Film Fest, features the "Office" star down and out -- but not alone.
Few people walk the perilous, ever-shifting line between frustration and hope better than Jenna Fischer.
Audiences have seen her move from rutted secretary and unhappy fiancee to fulfilled family woman on The Office and battle small town, dissatisfied circumstances in films such as The Promotion and A Little Help. Now, she's bringing her trademark sigh to the off-beat indie romance, The Giant Mechanical Man.
Fischer plays a dissatisfied dreamer who, after getting fired from her job, finds herself living with her sister (Malin Ackerman) and her sister's husband (Bob Odenkirk). They want her to date an arrogant motivational speaker -- and, as he points out, published author -- played by a long-haired Topher Grace, but there's another inspirational figure on whom she has her eye.
Yes, that's Chris Messina, and yes, he's dressed as a blue robot on stilts.
The film is written and directed by Fischer's husband, Lee Kirk, and will play at the Tribeca Film Festival, during which it will be distributed by video on demand.
- Jon Stewart Says The U.S. Is 'Like The Oprah Of Middle East Weapons Systems!'
- Teen Cosplayer Sexually Assaulted And Beaten Near Comic-Con, Police Say
- Nathan Fielder's 'Dumb Starbucks' Episode Finally Airs, And It's Genius
- Justin Bieber And Orlando Bloom Maybe, Possibly Just Had The Lamest Fight Ever
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler