'Albert Nobbs' Trailer: Glenn Close Dons Drag to Play 19th-Century English Butler (Video)
The actress is considered a potential Oscar nominee for her role in the movie, which opens in December.
The first trailer for Albert Nobbs hit the Internet on Wednesday.
The movie stars Glenn Close, who is earning praise for her portrayal of a 19th-century Englishwoman who disguises herself as a man to make a living as a butler in male-dominated Ireland.
The movie, directed by Rodrigo Garcia, is adapted from a short story by Irish novelist George Moore. Close, who co-produced and co-wrote the movie, first played the title character in a 1982 stage production and had been trying to mount a screen version ever since.
Mia Wasikowska, Aaron Johnson, Janet McTeer, Pauline Collins, Brenda Fricker, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Brendan Gleeson and Maria Doyle Kennedy co-star in the movie.
Close is considered a potential Oscar nominee for her role.
Garcia presented her with the Donostia Lifetime Achievement Award at the 59th San Sebastian International Film Festival last month.
Albert Nobbs opens in December via Liddell Entertainment and Roadside Attractions.
- A 40-Year-Old Woman Has A No. 1 Hit For The First Time In Nearly 16 Years
- Hamptons Journal: Nona Hendryx Pays Tribute to Bowie at LongHouse Reserve Jubilee/ Richard Mishaan's Design at Guild Hall, and the East Hampton Historical Society
- Teenager's Stunning Celine Dion Covers Will Make Your Jaw Drop
- Nick Cannon Let Loose In New 'Access Hollywood' Interview
- Hamilton's Renée Elise Goldsberry to Star in HBO's The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Not Magnificent Enough, Now Chance the Rapper Is Making His Own Music Festival in Chicago
- Vladimir Putin Is Having a Rough Day Working the Phone for Donald Trump
- Everything You Missed at the Inaugural 2016 Panorama Festival