'Albert Nobbs' Trailer: Glenn Close Dons Drag to Play 19th-Century English Butler (Video)
The actress is considered a potential Oscar nominee for her role in the movie, which opens in December.
The first trailer for Albert Nobbs hit the Internet on Wednesday.
The movie stars Glenn Close, who is earning praise for her portrayal of a 19th-century Englishwoman who disguises herself as a man to make a living as a butler in male-dominated Ireland.
The movie, directed by Rodrigo Garcia, is adapted from a short story by Irish novelist George Moore. Close, who co-produced and co-wrote the movie, first played the title character in a 1982 stage production and had been trying to mount a screen version ever since.
Mia Wasikowska, Aaron Johnson, Janet McTeer, Pauline Collins, Brenda Fricker, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Brendan Gleeson and Maria Doyle Kennedy co-star in the movie.
Close is considered a potential Oscar nominee for her role.
Garcia presented her with the Donostia Lifetime Achievement Award at the 59th San Sebastian International Film Festival last month.
Albert Nobbs opens in December via Liddell Entertainment and Roadside Attractions.
- Report: Joan Rivers Doctor Took Selfie During Unapproved Biopsy
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'