'Only God Forgives' Teaser Features Ryan Gosling and Dark Violence (Video)
In the first preview of the second outing from Gosling and Nicolas Winding Refn, the seedy underbelly of Thailand and its vigilante justice system take center stage.
In, Drive, Nicolas Winding Refn turned Ryan Gosling into a nameless, mythic hero, willing to break laws to procure justice in the outskirts of Los Angeles. Their second film together, it seems, sends that roaming vigilante to the dirty underground of Bangkok.
The first preview of Only God Forgives has been released (or, leaked) online, and though it's just a brief 20 seconds, the footage displays the same sort of gritty, shadow-cloaked drama that made the actor and director's first collaboration such a critical hit. Set in the underground kickboxing world of Thailand, Gosling plays a gym owner who has to take out his brother's murderer -- or perish himself. The film co-stars Kristin Scott Thomas, as Gosling's mother.
In Drive, Gosling famously made use of a hammer (and, yes, guns) to take down foes; here, the hand-to-hand combat seems even more high-stakes and intense. Knives, kickboxing and machine guns are just the beginning. And as you can see from the poster released for the film, it doesn't all go well for our hero.
The film has not yet set a release date; Gosling can next be seen in the upcoming crime drama, Gangster Squad.
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- Adam Levine And Behati Prinsloo Share Adorable First Photo Of Daughter Dusty Rose
- Miley Cyrus And Billy Idol Give The Crowd 'More, More, More' At iHeartRadio Music Festival
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity
- Michael Bay’s Next Transformers Film Criticized for Using Nazi Flags at Winston Churchill’s Home
- Kanye Did a Surprise Set at Chance the Rapper’s Magnificent Coloring Day Festival, But It’s Kanye, So Really, How Surprised Were You?