GoDigital Inks Digital Distribution Deal With 108 Media
The pact will lead to digital distribution of such films as "Midnight's Children" and "The We and The I."
GoDigital, a Los Angeles-based digital distributor, has inked a deal to handle digital distribution for 108 Media.
Toronto-based 108 Media, a distribution and foreign sales company that has partnered with veteran film executive Mark Urman's Paladin for theatrical distribution, has acquired eight films to date.
108 Media's slate includes Michel Gondry's The We and The I, Deepa Mehta's Midnight's Children and the Parker Posey starrer And Now a Word From Our Sponsor. GoDigital will distribute all the films via digital and cable on-demand services.
GoDigital CEO Logan Mulvey tells The Hollywood Reporter that 108 Media's films will receive theatrical distribution in 50 to 100 markets worldwide.
"We’ve been papering the deal for four and half months," says Mulvey, noting that while attending festivals like Toronto -- where 108 Media was active -- he was unable to discuss the pending agreement, which was inked in early October. "It's a game-changer for GoDigital."
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Will Sail Into Theaters July 2017
- 11 Movies So Bad They're Worth Watching Just to See How Bad They Are
- This Exclusive 'Wish I Was Here' Preview Is Full of Swearing (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)