GoDigital Inks Digital Distribution Deal With 108 Media
The pact will lead to digital distribution of such films as "Midnight's Children" and "The We and The I."
GoDigital, a Los Angeles-based digital distributor, has inked a deal to handle digital distribution for 108 Media.
Toronto-based 108 Media, a distribution and foreign sales company that has partnered with veteran film executive Mark Urman's Paladin for theatrical distribution, has acquired eight films to date.
108 Media's slate includes Michel Gondry's The We and The I, Deepa Mehta's Midnight's Children and the Parker Posey starrer And Now a Word From Our Sponsor. GoDigital will distribute all the films via digital and cable on-demand services.
GoDigital CEO Logan Mulvey tells The Hollywood Reporter that 108 Media's films will receive theatrical distribution in 50 to 100 markets worldwide.
"We’ve been papering the deal for four and half months," says Mulvey, noting that while attending festivals like Toronto -- where 108 Media was active -- he was unable to discuss the pending agreement, which was inked in early October. "It's a game-changer for GoDigital."
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'