Manager-Producers Join Forces to Form Haven Entertainment
Picture Machine and Tom Sawyer Entertainment are combining to represent talent and produce film and television projects.
Kevin Mann, Matthew Perniciaro and Mauricio Betancur of Picture Machine have joined forces with Tom Sawyer Entertainment’s Jesse Hara and Rachel Miller to form Haven Entertainment, a new production and management company.
Haven has an internal development and production fund that it will use to acquire properties, along with providing financing and finishing funds for independent projects.
On the representation side, Haven is starting with a primary focus on the literary rep business, though the principals plan on expanding into talent representation in the near future.
Mann and Perniciaro, who are executive producing the upcoming Henry Cavill thriller The Cold Light of Day, will oversee production for all of Haven’s projects.
Hara, a producer on Josh Radnor’s Happythankyoumoreplease and the upcoming Liberal Arts, and Miller will oversee the management division, which includes such clients as Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) and Jenni Ross. Betancur, who has an extensive background in branding and merchandising, will spearhead business ventures in those arenas.
Also joining the team is manager Carlos Bobadilla as head of international affairs. Bobadilla reps many South American writers and will focus on expanding the company’s presence overseas.
“We are taking full advantage of this opportunity to create a production and management company that focuses on developing industry-changing and groundbreaking content from start to finish,” said Perniciaro.
The first project to carry the new company’s imprint will be the documentary A Band Called Death, which premiered at the Los Angeles Film Festival. The company is in negotiations with a distributor for a possible 2013 release.
The company also is in production on Milius, a documentary on the life of filmmaker John Milius from directors Zak Knutson and Joey Figueroa, and I Want You I Need, a thriller from Dylan Narang, which will shoot this fall.
Haven also has television and digital content divisions and is attached as producer of an untitled Jenni Ross project set up at MTV.
- Report: Amber Heard Files Restraining Order Against Johnny Depp After Alleged Assault
- Nick Stoller on The Carmichael Show Finale, ‘President Trump,’ and Getting Picked Up for Season 3
- How Accurate Is The Girlfriend Experience, Episode 11?
- The Trailer for James Franco’s Lesbian Vampire Remake of Lifetime’s Mother, May I Sleep With Danger? Is Art
- Amber Heard Shares Photo of Bruised Face, Claims Johnny Depp Tried to Pay Her Off
- Amber Heard Claims Domestic Violence with Johnny Depp, Files for Restraining Order
- Taylor Schilling Says Risque 'OITNB' Scenes Are Easy for Her
- Gerard Butler Discusses 'Gods of Egypt' Costume for Blu-ray Featurette (Exclusive Video)