Paramount Producing Brett Ratner's 'Hercules' With MGM
The project will star Dwayne Johnson as the titular character.
Paramount Pictures is joining Brett Ratner's Hercules adaptation as a producer alongside MGM, the studio announced Wednesday.
As previously reported, the film will star Dwayne Johnson in the titular role. Hercules will begin production in early 2013.
The ensemble action film will be based on Radical Studio’s graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars -- a revisionist take on the classic Greek myth. In The Thracian Wars, the supernatural does not exist.
The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal, with revisions by Evan Spiliotopoulos. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner are producing; Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger are executive producing.
Johnson, an action film mainstay, will next appear in Paramount's G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which the studio also is co-producing with MGM. Johnson is also set to appear in Pain & Gain and the sixth Fast and Furious film -- both also Paramount projects.
- How Sonia Manzano Changed The Way Latinos Were Portrayed On 'Sesame Street'
- An Advice Columnist For Women Who Are Actually Doing Just Fine For Themselves
- Seth Meyers Hilariously Explores Clinton And Trump's Debate Preparations
- Seth Meyer's Spoof Interview With Donald Trump's Doctor Will Make You Feel Better
- James Corden Shares a Surprisingly Sweet Memory of Gene Wilder Turning Down a Late Late Show Appearance
- James Corden Doesn’t Care for All the Dancing and Sheep at Kanye’s Gym
- Difficult People Recap: Fluish American Princess
- Phil Collins Comes Out of Retirement to Sing at the U.S. Open With Hamilton’s Leslie Odom Jr.