Paramount Producing Brett Ratner's 'Hercules' With MGM
The project will star Dwayne Johnson as the titular character.
Paramount Pictures is joining Brett Ratner's Hercules adaptation as a producer alongside MGM, the studio announced Wednesday.
As previously reported, the film will star Dwayne Johnson in the titular role. Hercules will begin production in early 2013.
The ensemble action film will be based on Radical Studio’s graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars -- a revisionist take on the classic Greek myth. In The Thracian Wars, the supernatural does not exist.
The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal, with revisions by Evan Spiliotopoulos. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner are producing; Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger are executive producing.
Johnson, an action film mainstay, will next appear in Paramount's G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which the studio also is co-producing with MGM. Johnson is also set to appear in Pain & Gain and the sixth Fast and Furious film -- both also Paramount projects.
- Bedlam Overtakes Jane Austen, While F. Scott Fitzgerald Sings
- 'Free The Nipple' Trailer Shows Women Fighting For Equality Through The Right To Bare Chests
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets Into Bathroom Brawl With Freddie Wong Over Their Necktie Knowledge
- Carla Ferrigno, Angela Leslie And Louisa Moritz Come Forward With Allegations Against Bill Cosby
- Vanessa Hudgens Says Gigi On Broadway Role Is 'A Dream Come True'
- Joey King, Peyton List, Sabrina Carpenter & More Fresh Faces Hit Just Jared's Homecoming Dance
- Christian Grey Asks Anastasia Steele to Trust Him in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Harry Styles Addresses Rumors That He Bought 1,989 Roses For Taylor Swift - Watch Now!