Paramount Producing Brett Ratner's 'Hercules' With MGM
The project will star Dwayne Johnson as the titular character.
Paramount Pictures is joining Brett Ratner's Hercules adaptation as a producer alongside MGM, the studio announced Wednesday.
As previously reported, the film will star Dwayne Johnson in the titular role. Hercules will begin production in early 2013.
The ensemble action film will be based on Radical Studio’s graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars -- a revisionist take on the classic Greek myth. In The Thracian Wars, the supernatural does not exist.
The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal, with revisions by Evan Spiliotopoulos. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner are producing; Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger are executive producing.
Johnson, an action film mainstay, will next appear in Paramount's G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which the studio also is co-producing with MGM. Johnson is also set to appear in Pain & Gain and the sixth Fast and Furious film -- both also Paramount projects.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Keith Urban, Miguel Prepare For Grammy Nomination Concert Duet
- 'Glee' Mid-Season Finale: Santana Is Viciously Awesome As Mrs. Claus (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart Can Hardly Believe What This Fox Host Said About The Pope
- 'The Sound Of Music Live' Isn't Without Flaws, But Carrie Underwood Was Entertaining (VIDEO)
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95: Idris Elba, Morgan Freeman Pay Tribute to the South African Icon
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer Announces 2016 Follow-Up to 'Days of Future Past'
- 'A Christmas Story' Pole Scene Hilariously Re-Created on NYC Subway (VIDEO)
- 'The Fifth Beatle': Brian Epstein Biopic Lands 'Bring It On' Director