Dax Shepard and a Dreadlocked Bradley Cooper Square Off in 'Hit and Run' Trailer (Video)
Shepard wrote and co-directed the film about an ex-bank robber whose past comes back to haunt him -- and hit him in the face with a golf club.
Let's hope Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell's real home life isn't quite this exciting.
The engaged pair co-star as a blissfully wedded couple whose world gets turned upside down and thrown out of orbit when Bradley Cooper -- sporting a dreadlocked mane far from his normal clean-cut style (perhaps a bit reminiscent of his long locks at the beginning of Limitless) comes seeking out the cash that Shepard's character owes him.
As it turns out -- much to his wife's disbelief -- Shepard's character (named Charlie Bronson!) was once a getaway driver for his bank robber brother, who entered witness protection and put Cooper's character in jail. He can't hide forever, though, and when Cooper comes back for him, a wild road trip ensues.
Tom Arnold co-stars as a cop working to protect Bronson (quite ineffectively), while Kristin Chenoweth also has a part in the film. The picture, Shepard's second writing and co-directing effort with David Palmer, hits theaters on August 24.
- ‘Dating Naked' Star Is Suing Because Everyone Saw Her Naked
- Drop What You're Doing and Click Here to Watch Robin Williams on Inside the Actors Studio Now
- VIDEO Chief of the Mad Men, Matthew Weiner, Talks About Are You Here
- Duncan Carter Tackles 24 Of Britney Spears' Biggest Hits In This Amazing Mashup (VIDEO)
- Neal Brennan Discusses Cup Size in His 'When the Game Stands Tall' Trailer Review (VIDEO)
- The 20 Best Movies of 2014 (So Far)
- Best of Late Night TV: Serena Williams' Shattering Serve and Giada De Laurentiis' Game of Catchphrase (VIDEO)
- New 'Walking Dead' Teaser Features Screaming, Uncertainty, and...Gas Masks? (VIDEO)