Dax Shepard and a Dreadlocked Bradley Cooper Square Off in 'Hit and Run' Trailer (Video)
Shepard wrote and co-directed the film about an ex-bank robber whose past comes back to haunt him -- and hit him in the face with a golf club.
Let's hope Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell's real home life isn't quite this exciting.
The engaged pair co-star as a blissfully wedded couple whose world gets turned upside down and thrown out of orbit when Bradley Cooper -- sporting a dreadlocked mane far from his normal clean-cut style (perhaps a bit reminiscent of his long locks at the beginning of Limitless) comes seeking out the cash that Shepard's character owes him.
As it turns out -- much to his wife's disbelief -- Shepard's character (named Charlie Bronson!) was once a getaway driver for his bank robber brother, who entered witness protection and put Cooper's character in jail. He can't hide forever, though, and when Cooper comes back for him, a wild road trip ensues.
Tom Arnold co-stars as a cop working to protect Bronson (quite ineffectively), while Kristin Chenoweth also has a part in the film. The picture, Shepard's second writing and co-directing effort with David Palmer, hits theaters on August 24.
- Kylie Jenner's Rumored New Man, PartyNextDoor, Is Already Singing Songs About Her
- 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Is No Match For 'X-Men: Apocalypse' At Weekend Box Office
- Melissa McCarthy Really Hopes The 'Ghostbusters' Haters 'Find A Friend'
- Ciara And Russell Wilson's Latest Vacation Is An Adorable Family Affair
- Listen to a Soulful, Previously Unreleased Track From Chance the Rapper and Donnie Trumpet
- Moviegoers Don’t Follow Alice Down the Rabbit Hole While X-Men: Apocalypse Does Damage at the Box Office
- John Carpenter Has Some Choice Words About Friday The 13th, Specifically, ‘It Just Doesn’t Rise Above Its Cheapness’
- Jesse Eisenberg Discusses Lex Luthor’s Return in Justice League, Risks Being ‘Picked Off’ By DC’s Killer Drones