Hot Ed Helms Comedy Pitch Bought by Warner Bros.
Writer-director Rob Pearlstein and Imagine Entertainment have sold a unique comedy pitch that has actor Ed Helms attached to star and executive produce.
A source familiar with the project, titled True North, says it centers on a high-powered, workaholic father (Helms) who slips into a two-year coma after suffering through a horrific plane crash. Upon emerging from the coma, the once debonair man finds that he has undergone reconstructive facial surgery and looks nothing like his former self. He then must track down his family and reconnect with his former life.
Helms’ profile is rising with his second turn as Stu in Warner Bros.' The Hangover: Part II, in addition to his role on NBC’s The Office. He also executive produced and starred in this year’s Cedar Rapids, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January.
Pearlstein has previously written for NBC’s Medium. He wrote and directed the short film Our Time is Up, which was nominated for an Oscar for live action short film in 2006.
Both Helms and Pearlstein are repped by CAA.
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler
- Quentin Tarantino May Finally Release 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair'
- Chris Pratt Surprises Kids at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening, Steals Our Hearts (VIDEO)
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Is So Over 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Lindsay Lohan Poses for a Mini Bikini Photo Shoot in Ibiza!
- Diane Kruger Wears a Crop Top & Displays Her Unreal Figure!
- Olivia Munn & Boyfriend Aaron Rodgers Sent Superfan a Green Bay Signed Jersey & His Reaction Is Amazing!
- Mark Wahlberg & Amanda Seyfriend Arrive on Set for First Day of 'Ted 2' Filming!