Hot Ed Helms Comedy Pitch Bought by Warner Bros.
Writer-director Rob Pearlstein and Imagine Entertainment have sold a unique comedy pitch that has actor Ed Helms attached to star and executive produce.
A source familiar with the project, titled True North, says it centers on a high-powered, workaholic father (Helms) who slips into a two-year coma after suffering through a horrific plane crash. Upon emerging from the coma, the once debonair man finds that he has undergone reconstructive facial surgery and looks nothing like his former self. He then must track down his family and reconnect with his former life.
Helms’ profile is rising with his second turn as Stu in Warner Bros.' The Hangover: Part II, in addition to his role on NBC’s The Office. He also executive produced and starred in this year’s Cedar Rapids, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January.
Pearlstein has previously written for NBC’s Medium. He wrote and directed the short film Our Time is Up, which was nominated for an Oscar for live action short film in 2006.
Both Helms and Pearlstein are repped by CAA.
- Here Are the 3 Men Who Are Not Vin Diesel Who Might Direct Furious 8
- Denis O’Hare Got Tips From RuPaul’s Alaska to Play ‘Liz Taylor’ for American Horror Story: Hotel
- Movies Need to Stop Explaining Everything (Looking at You, The Walk)
- Nicole Kidman Will Guest on Empire After She Stops Living Out Her English Fantasies
- Nick Carter Breaks Out Backstreet Boy Moves for 'Dancing With the Stars' Jazz With Sharna Burgess (Video)
- Justin Bieber Reveals Album Title & Talks One Direction (Video)
- DWTS' Allison Holker Is Pregnant, Expecting a Baby with Stephen 'tWitch' Boss!
- Evan Peters Gushes Over Emma Roberts: 'I Just Love Her'