Hot Ed Helms Comedy Pitch Bought by Warner Bros.
Writer-director Rob Pearlstein and Imagine Entertainment have sold a unique comedy pitch that has actor Ed Helms attached to star and executive produce.
A source familiar with the project, titled True North, says it centers on a high-powered, workaholic father (Helms) who slips into a two-year coma after suffering through a horrific plane crash. Upon emerging from the coma, the once debonair man finds that he has undergone reconstructive facial surgery and looks nothing like his former self. He then must track down his family and reconnect with his former life.
Helms’ profile is rising with his second turn as Stu in Warner Bros.' The Hangover: Part II, in addition to his role on NBC’s The Office. He also executive produced and starred in this year’s Cedar Rapids, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January.
Pearlstein has previously written for NBC’s Medium. He wrote and directed the short film Our Time is Up, which was nominated for an Oscar for live action short film in 2006.
Both Helms and Pearlstein are repped by CAA.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'
- Kristen Bell on Her 'Veronica Mars' Homecoming, Tasering the Paparazzi, and Being the Next Bill Shatner
- The New 'Orphan Black' Season 2 Trailer Will Make Your Monday So Much Better (VIDEO)