'Hyde Park on Hudson': New Stills of Bill Murray as Franklin Roosevelt Hit the Web (Photo)
The actor plays the legendary president in Focus Features' upcoming film.
Once occupied by busting ghosts, Bill Murray is now bringing history to life.
Focus Features revealed new photos from Hyde Park on Hudson, the upcoming film in which the Golden Globe winner takes on the role of President Franklin Roosevelt. The Roger Michell-directed film focuses on the president's close friendship -- and rumored affair -- with distant cousin Margaret "Daisy" Suckley, who is being played by Laura Linney. The film is based on the BBC Radio play of the same name by Richard Nelson, who wrote the movie adaptation, as well.
Set during the weekend in 1939 in which Britain's King George VI -- the same one played by Colin Firth in The King's Speech, here played by Samuel West -- and wife, Queen Elizabeth (Olivia Colman), visited his estate on the Hudson River in New York.
Murray has a busy 2012; he'll also appear in Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom and Roman Coppola's A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III. Dan Aykroyd just confirmed that Murray will not be appearing in Ghostbusters 3, should the film get made.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!