'Hyde Park on Hudson': New Stills of Bill Murray as Franklin Roosevelt Hit the Web (Photo)
The actor plays the legendary president in Focus Features' upcoming film.
Once occupied by busting ghosts, Bill Murray is now bringing history to life.
Focus Features revealed new photos from Hyde Park on Hudson, the upcoming film in which the Golden Globe winner takes on the role of President Franklin Roosevelt. The Roger Michell-directed film focuses on the president's close friendship -- and rumored affair -- with distant cousin Margaret "Daisy" Suckley, who is being played by Laura Linney. The film is based on the BBC Radio play of the same name by Richard Nelson, who wrote the movie adaptation, as well.
Set during the weekend in 1939 in which Britain's King George VI -- the same one played by Colin Firth in The King's Speech, here played by Samuel West -- and wife, Queen Elizabeth (Olivia Colman), visited his estate on the Hudson River in New York.
Murray has a busy 2012; he'll also appear in Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom and Roman Coppola's A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III. Dan Aykroyd just confirmed that Murray will not be appearing in Ghostbusters 3, should the film get made.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years