'Iceman' Poster Stars Michael Shannon as a Menacing Killer (Photo)
The "Boardwalk Empire" star features as real life hit man Richard Kuklinski.
Michael Shannon may be best known for his role fighting the mob, but soon, he'll be starring as one of organized crime's most legendary assassins.
Shannon takes the lead in The Iceman as contract killer Richard Kuklinski, the notorious contract killer who, through his work for the Gambino crime family in New York City and other tri-state area illegal outfits, was said to have taken down 250 targets. A mountain of a man, Kuklinski stood 6'5 and murdered from childhood on, making for a menacing role for Shannon, whose trademark intensity won him plaudits in last year's Take Shelter. At first glance at this poster, he obviously pulls off the required intimidation.
The Ariel Vromen-directed film, set up at Millenium, is a star-laden indie; Winona Ryder plays Shannon's wife, Chris Evans features as his mentor 'Mr. Softee'; Ray Liotta is his fellow Gambino agent; while James Franco, Stephen Dorff and David Schwimmer all have roles, too.
The film is due out in 2013, as is Man of Steel, the Superman reboot in which Shannon plays the evil General Zod.
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'
- Krispy Kreme Celebrates 'Ghostbusters' 30th Anniversary With Limited Edition Doughnuts
- Extended 'Revenge' Season 4 Trailer Proves 'What Goes Around Comes Around' (VIDEO)
- Prepare to Swoon Over Benedict Cumberbatch Dressed as Mr. Darcy (PHOTO)
- Benedict Cumberbatch Gives Up His Clothes for Charity - See the Sexy Photo!
- Karlie Kloss to 'Lucky': 'I Have a Lot I Want to Do in the Next 5 Years'
- Lupita Nyong'o Tickles Elmo for New 'Sesame Street' Clip About Loving Your Own Skin
- Mindy Kaling Reveals She Was Up for Maya Rudolph's 'Bridesmaids' Role: 'It Was a Heartbreaker'