'Iceman' Poster Stars Michael Shannon as a Menacing Killer (Photo)
The "Boardwalk Empire" star features as real life hit man Richard Kuklinski.
Michael Shannon may be best known for his role fighting the mob, but soon, he'll be starring as one of organized crime's most legendary assassins.
Shannon takes the lead in The Iceman as contract killer Richard Kuklinski, the notorious contract killer who, through his work for the Gambino crime family in New York City and other tri-state area illegal outfits, was said to have taken down 250 targets. A mountain of a man, Kuklinski stood 6'5 and murdered from childhood on, making for a menacing role for Shannon, whose trademark intensity won him plaudits in last year's Take Shelter. At first glance at this poster, he obviously pulls off the required intimidation.
The Ariel Vromen-directed film, set up at Millenium, is a star-laden indie; Winona Ryder plays Shannon's wife, Chris Evans features as his mentor 'Mr. Softee'; Ray Liotta is his fellow Gambino agent; while James Franco, Stephen Dorff and David Schwimmer all have roles, too.
The film is due out in 2013, as is Man of Steel, the Superman reboot in which Shannon plays the evil General Zod.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'