ICM Promotes Jessica Lacy to Head International and Independent Film
The move comes as Hal Sadoff, who formerly topped the division, leaves the talent agency.
ICM has named Jessica Lacy to head the talent agency’s international and independent film department, replacing the departing Hal Sadoff.
Lacy, a literary agent, joined the department in 2007. She will lead the group in structuring and arranging financing, packaging and securing distribution for independent films.
“Jessica has grown tremendously in her role, and she is the ideal choice to lead and build this division, as we look to deepen our relationships in the creative and financial sectors and bring the best opportunities to our clients,” said ICM President Chris Silbermann in a statement.
It was reported yesterday that Sadoff, a seven-year veteran at ICM, would be leaving the Century City-based talent agency. ICM declined to comment on his move but a source confirmed to THR that Sadoff wil remain with the company at least briefly to transition some of his business to agents in his department. The group, which is a division of ICM's motion picture department, also includes Peter Trinh.
The independent department was active at the Sundance Film Festival in January, selling well-received films Robot & Frank and Safety Not Guaranteed. Sadoff has also been an active presence at this month's European Film Market in Berlin.
Also on Feb. 13, ICM promoted eight staffers to agents.
- Meek Mill Returns With More Drake Disses — Yes, Really — on Another 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Rose Byrne, Seth Rogen Do Sidewalk Lion King Musical With James Corden; Rogen Absolutely Nails His Role as 'The Moon'
- 1 Dead, at Least 3 More Injured After Shooting at T.I. Concert [Updated]
- The Americans Recap: One Tough Mother
- Karlie Kloss Shines With 'Swaroski' at the Top of the Rock
- The Weeknd Cancels 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Performance Due to Donald Trump Appearance
- Claire Danes & Rupert Friend Attend 'Homeland' Emmy Event
- Hacker Pleads Guilty to Stealing Private Photos From Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, & More Celebrities