ICM Signs Meredith Vieira Productions (Exclusive)
Amy Rapp and Michael Glantz work at the company with Vieira, who serves as CEO.
ICM Partners has signed Meredith Vieira Productions, the shingle run by Meredith Vieira.
Vieira acts as MVP’s CEO and operates the shingle with executive vp Amy Rapp and her long-time representative Michael Glantz.
While Vieira is known for her Emmy-award winning journalistic ways and recently co-anchored the Today Show for five years, she has a producing side to her.
MVP executive produced the indie feature Return, starring Linda Cardellini, Michael Shannon and John Slattery, which premiered at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The company produced the documentary The Woman Who Wasn’t There, which was watched by 6 million viewers when it aired on Investigation Discovery and broke the network's ratings record.
MVP is also the producer of the national tour of the hit Off-Broadway one-man show Life in a Marital Institution, written and performed by James Braly. The show recently completed its first season on the road, traveling to 14 cities and played to sold-out houses and rave reviews.
MVP has a slate of projects in development in film, TV, web and theatre.
Vieira, who has won 14 Emmys for her journalism work and has interviewed luminaries ranging from President Barack Obama to Madonna, will co-host NBC’s prime time coverage of the 2012 Opening Ceremonies of the Olympic Games, live from London on July 27. She continues to provide special reporting for Rock Center with Brian Williams, as well as other NBC News programs, and also continues to serve as host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, which she has hosted since 2002.
Meredith will continue to be managed in all areas and repped by Glantz at Headline Media Management while ICM Partners will rep MVP. MVP will continue to be repped by Victoria S. Cook of Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz. ICM Partner Chuck James will lead the ICM team.
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril
- Conan O'Brien Crashed a 'Magic Mike XXL' Girls Night - and It Was Glorious
- Kim Kardashian Shares More Fourth of July Family Photos!
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Irina Shayk Sit Front Row for Atelier Versace Show at Paris Fashion Week
- David & Victoria Beckham Celebrate 16-Year Anniversary
- Kit Harington's Long Hair is Giving 'Game of Thrones' Fans Hope That Jon Snow Will Be Back