ICM Partners Forms Alliance With Sagalyn Agency
The agency is expanding its publishing business with a partnership with the Washington D.C. firm.
ICM Partners is hitting the books.
The agency is expanding its publishing concerns, forming a partnership with Washington, D.C.-based lit firm The Sagalyn Agency.
Sagalyn, which is owned and operated by Raphael Sagalyn, will be renamed ICM/Sagalyn, and agents from ICM Partners and Sagalyn will co-sign authors and journalists. ICM will rep film, TV and other media rights to the titles, past and present.
Sagalyn reps reps more than 100 award-winning and bestselling journalists, academics, business thinkers and novelists in the writing field. Among the clients are National Book Award Finalists Rajiv Chandrasekaran (whose book The Green Zone became the 2010 Matt Damon thriller), Claire Shipman, David Ignatius (whose Body of Lies was adapted into the 2008 Ridley Scott-Leonardo DiCaprio thriller), reporter turned-The Wire creator David Simon, Howard Kurtz, NPR reporter Barbara Bradley Hagerty, former Labor Secretary Robert Reich and Harvard professor Robert Putnam.
“The authors and journalists we represent are thought leaders who influence the culture of our society,” said the company in making the announcement. “Our venture with The Sagalyn Agency allows us to broaden our base of representation with clients of equal stature.”
The move bolsters ICM’s book department, which counts Patricia Cornwell, Walter Isaacson, Vince Flynn, Cormac McCarthy, Candace Bushnell and Steve Martin amongst its clients.
Stated Sagalyn: "Publishing has never experienced a time of such challenges and opportunities, and it's never been more important to have alliances that can take full advantage of a writer's and thinker's intellectual property."
Sagalyn has several high-profile book releases that it worked deals on, including Rick Atkinson’s final work of the Liberation Trilogy about World War II,Guns at Last Lightand a new novel by Ignatius.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years