ICM Partners Form Digital Content Joint Venture With Screenz
The partnership will develop interactive entertainment, including second-screen platforms.
ICM Partners has formed a joint venture with digital media company Screenz that will focus on developing interactive entertainment. The talent agency's Chris Silbermann announced the partnership during a keynote conversation Wednesday morning at The Hollywood Reporter's Power Business Managers Breakfast at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
Screenz is a joint venture between Israeli broadcaster Keshet Broadcasting and international content and advertising company The Box.
The venture will develop second-screen entertainment platforms, which allow users to experience traditional media in a more interactive way by connecting viewers to one another on social media platforms.
“Over the last two years, second-screen and interactive entertainment experiences have revolutionized the way audiences watch content and engage with each other, and with the incredible products and proven technologies that Screenz has operated around the world, our partnership is poised to drive the innovations that will shape our industry and benefit our clients,” said Keyvan Peymani, head of digital strategy at ICM Partners.
Screenz has created interactive dashboards, applications and online games for such television series as Big Brother, Master Chef, 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show and The Million Pound Drop. The partnership would leverage the on-air creative talent and producers that ICM Partners represents.
"Our proven know-how and catalog of products combined with the agency’s wide reach and expertise will lead to great opportunities and make us the leader in the industry for interactive experiences," said Eli Uzan, The Box CEO and Screenz president.
- 9 Things You Didn't Know About Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- ReThink Review: Dear White People - Lessons for Republicans and the "Post-Racial" Generation
- Chats with Earth, Wind & Fire's Philip Bailey, Dave Koz, Eric Johnson and Kiki Ebsen, Plus a Katherine Jenkins' Exclusive
- Donald Trump Rips 'Reckless' NYC Ebola Doctor, Demands Obama Resign
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'
- Sorry, 'Twilight' Fans: Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Acting