IFC Midnight Grabs Rights to Todd Rohal's 'The Catechism Cataclysm'
The Sundance premiere will also screen at SXSW this weekend.
IFC Midnight has acquired North American rights to writer-director Todd Rohal’s comedy The Catechism Cataclysm.
The film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January in the Park City at Midnight section, and it will play this weekend at the SXSW Film Festival in Austin.
IFC also picked up television and digital rights for the film in France, Benelux, Spain, Portugal, East-Central Europe, Turkey and Greece. Sundance Selects/IFC Films execs Arianna Bocco and Jeff Deutchman negotiated the deal with Debra Fisher of Cinetic Media on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Midnight has recently released The Human Centipede (First Sequence) and Vengeance. Upcoming releases include Super, We Are What We Are, Kidnapped and The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence).
- This 'How to Get Away With Murder' First Look Is Getting Us Excited for ABC's Thursday Night Lineup (VIDEO)
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Made Quite the Ratings Splash
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' 'Get on Up,' 'The Killing,' & More (VIDEO)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About Marvel's Newest Franchise
- Lily Aldridge, Candice Swanepoel, & Chrissy Teigen Pose for 'Watch Hunger Stop' Campaign
- Blake Shelton Surprises Usher at His New Look Foundation 15th Anniversary Kick Off Celebration!
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Already Has Her Emmy 2014 Dress Picked Out!
- Heidi Klum Rolls on the Floor with Jimmy Fallon - Watch Now!