Image Entertainment Picks Up Distribution to Comedy 'Freak Dance'
The independent production company purchases the North American rights to the dance satire released by comedy troupe "Upright Citizens Brigade."
Image Entertainment has picked up North American rights to Freak Dance, described as a dance satire produced by comedy group Upright Citizens Brigade.
The deal involved home entertainment, digital and broadcast.
Dance stars Michael Daniel Cassady (The Office) and Megan Heyn (2 Broke Girls) and features Amy Poehler, Matt Besser (Bad Teacher) and former SNL actor Tim Meadows.
The film was written by Matt Besser and co-directed by Besser and Neil Mahoney.
According to Image, Dance follows “group of ambitious dancers (who) strive to master the notorious “Freak Dance” in order to win an underground competition and save their community center from demolition. It tells the story of Cocolonia, a spoiled rich girl who just wants to dance, so she sets out to join the ranks of some local street dancers. Little does she know that this will ultimately involve her in an epic battle of good and evil between two warring dance troupes.”
- Saturday Night Live Recap: Melissa McCarthy is a Comedic Pick-Up Artist
- Deadpool Slaughters Superhero Tropes, Box Office Records, and Hearts on Valentine's Day Weekend
- Man, Justin Timberlake Sure Does the Carlton a Lot Now
- The Writers Guild of America Loves Mad Men and Mr. Robot, But Isn't About to Give You Clarity on the Oscars Race
- Watch Justin Timberlake Do 'The Carlton Dance' With Alfonso Ribeiro on The Golf Course!
- 'Deadpool' Smashes Box Office Records With $135 Million Gross Over Valentine's Day Weekend
- Alicia Vikander & Michael Fassbender Attend Pre-BAFTAs Dinner
- Jaime King Says Kanye West Rap About Taylor Swift 'Really Hurt'