Image Entertainment Picks Up Distribution to Comedy 'Freak Dance'
The independent production company purchases the North American rights to the dance satire released by comedy troupe "Upright Citizens Brigade."
Image Entertainment has picked up North American rights to Freak Dance, described as a dance satire produced by comedy group Upright Citizens Brigade.
The deal involved home entertainment, digital and broadcast.
Dance stars Michael Daniel Cassady (The Office) and Megan Heyn (2 Broke Girls) and features Amy Poehler, Matt Besser (Bad Teacher) and former SNL actor Tim Meadows.
The film was written by Matt Besser and co-directed by Besser and Neil Mahoney.
According to Image, Dance follows “group of ambitious dancers (who) strive to master the notorious “Freak Dance” in order to win an underground competition and save their community center from demolition. It tells the story of Cocolonia, a spoiled rich girl who just wants to dance, so she sets out to join the ranks of some local street dancers. Little does she know that this will ultimately involve her in an epic battle of good and evil between two warring dance troupes.”
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'