Image Entertainment Picks Up Distribution to Comedy 'Freak Dance'
The independent production company purchases the North American rights to the dance satire released by comedy troupe "Upright Citizens Brigade."
Image Entertainment has picked up North American rights to Freak Dance, described as a dance satire produced by comedy group Upright Citizens Brigade.
The deal involved home entertainment, digital and broadcast.
Dance stars Michael Daniel Cassady (The Office) and Megan Heyn (2 Broke Girls) and features Amy Poehler, Matt Besser (Bad Teacher) and former SNL actor Tim Meadows.
The film was written by Matt Besser and co-directed by Besser and Neil Mahoney.
According to Image, Dance follows “group of ambitious dancers (who) strive to master the notorious “Freak Dance” in order to win an underground competition and save their community center from demolition. It tells the story of Cocolonia, a spoiled rich girl who just wants to dance, so she sets out to join the ranks of some local street dancers. Little does she know that this will ultimately involve her in an epic battle of good and evil between two warring dance troupes.”
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!