Insurge Pictures and Ben Stiller's Red Hour Digital to Launch Series on Yahoo
The show, "Burning Love," will feature actors Michael Ian Black, Ken Jeong and Adam Scott, among others.
Paramount’s Insurge Pictures and Ben Stiller's Red Hour Digital have struck a deal with Yahoo to premiere original digital series Burning Love on the website, the companies announced today.
Burning Love will launch as part of the Comedy Channel on Yahoo Screen, the site's video destination.
The scripted comedy series, which launches in the spring, spoofs popular reality dating shows. It will feature actors Ken Marino, Malin Akerman, Kristen Bell, Michael Ian Black, Ken Jeong, Adam Scott, Abigail Spencer, Natasha Leggero, Ryan Hansen, June Diane Raphael, Noureen DeWulf, Kerri Kenney and Beth Dover.
"We feel Burning Love is going to burn a hole through the internet and create a worldwide comedy meltdown. Think Wiki Leaks, only sexier and funnier," Stiller said in a statement. Red Hour Digital is a unit of the actor's production company, Red Hour Productions.
Burning Love follows fireman Mark Orlando (Marino) as he searches for the perfect woman. The show is executive produced by Stiller and Red Hour's Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein; Abominable Pictures’ Jonathan Stern, Marino and Erica Oyama. Insurge Pictures is distributing the project.
The series is written by Oyama and directed by Marino.
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic