Insurge Pictures and Ben Stiller's Red Hour Digital to Launch Series on Yahoo
The show, "Burning Love," will feature actors Michael Ian Black, Ken Jeong and Adam Scott, among others.
Paramount’s Insurge Pictures and Ben Stiller's Red Hour Digital have struck a deal with Yahoo to premiere original digital series Burning Love on the website, the companies announced today.
Burning Love will launch as part of the Comedy Channel on Yahoo Screen, the site's video destination.
The scripted comedy series, which launches in the spring, spoofs popular reality dating shows. It will feature actors Ken Marino, Malin Akerman, Kristen Bell, Michael Ian Black, Ken Jeong, Adam Scott, Abigail Spencer, Natasha Leggero, Ryan Hansen, June Diane Raphael, Noureen DeWulf, Kerri Kenney and Beth Dover.
"We feel Burning Love is going to burn a hole through the internet and create a worldwide comedy meltdown. Think Wiki Leaks, only sexier and funnier," Stiller said in a statement. Red Hour Digital is a unit of the actor's production company, Red Hour Productions.
Burning Love follows fireman Mark Orlando (Marino) as he searches for the perfect woman. The show is executive produced by Stiller and Red Hour's Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein; Abominable Pictures’ Jonathan Stern, Marino and Erica Oyama. Insurge Pictures is distributing the project.
The series is written by Oyama and directed by Marino.
- Kanye West Sleeps Off Orgy With Taylor Swift And Donald Trump In 'Famous' Music Video
- Watch Rory Gilmore Geek Out With Michelle Obama In 'Gilmore Girls' Teaser
- "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow-"I Like To Think Of Myself As The Greek Chorus"
- Here's How Jay Z Is Celebrating The 20th Anniversary Of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- Someone Remind Amy Schumer to Renew Her Passport, Because She's About to Go on a Massive World Comedy Tour
- Maybe Keep the Lights on While Watching the Trailer For Lights Out
- Former Hills Star Audrina Patridge Gives Birth to Daughter
- Master of None’s Shoukath Ansari on Auditioning Against 18 Actors to Play Himself, Baby Aziz, and Donald Trump