Isaiah Washington to Star in 'Blue Caprice'
Alexandre Moors is directing the real-life based thriller about D.C. sniper John Allen Williams.
Isaiah Washington is set to star in Blue Caprice, a thriller about the sniper attacks that terrorized the Washington, DC, area in October 2002. Alexandre Moors is directing the project.
Washington will play John Allen Williams, who joined the Nation of Islam and changed his surname to Muhammad years before going on a shooting spree with a young accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, that took the lives of at least 10 randomly selected people in the fall of 2002. The pair was caught after the authorities informed the public to look for a former police car, a blue Chevy Caprice, that Muhammad had purchased. Williams was eventually tried, convicted and executed by lethal injection in 2009.
Isen Robbins and Aimee Schoof of Intrinsic Value Films are producing the project along with Will Rowbotham of Prolific Entertainment. The film is set to begin shooting late next month in New York City.
Washington has appeared in the features The Amateurs, Hollywood Homicide and Out of Sight, as well as the TV series Bionic Woman and Grey's Anatomy.
Moors is repped by WME and Prolific.
Intrinsic has produced the films XX/XY, The Hebrew Hammer and The Skeptic.
- You Can Now Stream David Bowie’s Previously Unreleased Album The Gouster
- Do the Right Thing Actor Bill Nunn Dead at 62
- Seth Meyers Discusses Jimmy Fallon’s Trump Interview and the Role of Late Night TV: ‘People Use It For Escapism’
- There’s Lots and Lots and Lots of Sexual Innuendo in the Music Video for Tegan and Sara’s ‘Stop Desire’
- Carrie Fisher Explains Why Han Solo & Princess Leia Broke Up Before 'The Force Awakens'
- Troye Sivan Brings Music to Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party with Fifth Harmony's Ally & Dinah!
- Jon Voight Talks About Angelina Jolie After Her Divorce News
- Ariel Winter & Sarah Hyland Take a 'Modern Family' Break to Celebrate Young Hollywood