'J. Edgar' First Look: Leonardo DiCaprio as Legendary FBI Director, Naomi Watts as His Secretary (Photos)
Warner Bros.' movie, which was directed by Clint Eastwood, opens Nov. 9.
Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first images of J. Edgar, the Clint Eastwood-directed movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio as the legendary FBI director.
The movie also stars Naomi Watts as Helen Gandy, Hoover’s longtime secretary, who is pictured alongside DiCaprio in the first photograph.
J. Edgar, written by Milk scribe Dustin Lance Black, aims to explore the public and private life of one of the most powerful, controversial and enigmatic figures of the 20th century.
The rest of the cast includes Armie Hammer as Hoover’s protégé Clyde Tolson; Judi Dench as Hoover’s overprotective mother, Anne Marie Hoover; Josh Lucas as legendary aviator Charles Lindbergh, whose son’s kidnapping changes the public profile of the FBI; and Ken Howard as U.S. attorney General Harlan F. Stone.
The movie, produced by Malpaso and Imagine, is set to open in limited release Nov. 9 and expand wide two days later.
- 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Is No Match For 'X-Men: Apocalypse' At Weekend Box Office
- Melissa McCarthy Really Hopes The 'Ghostbusters' Haters 'Find A Friend'
- Ciara And Russell Wilson's Latest Vacation Is An Adorable Family Affair
- Dwayne Johnson Shares First Look At Hobbs In 'Fast 8' And It's All Kinds Of Intense
- John Carpenter Has Some Choice Words About Friday The 13th, Specifically, 'It Just Doesn't Rise Above Its Cheapness'
- Jesse Eisenberg Discusses Lex Luther's Return in Justice League, Risks Being 'Picked Off' By DC's Killer Drones
- How Mindy Kaling's Subtle, Cunning Lies Affected B.J. Novak's Psyche While Filming The Office
- Italian Star of Stage and Screen Giorgio Albertazzi Dead at 92