James Franco's Six Most Random Twitter/WhoSay Uploads (Photos)
The independent-minded star has uploaded a long stream of curious and compelling photos and videos to the social networking services.
James Franco caused quite a stir at the 2011 Academy Awards, tweeting from backstage during the off-moments of his hosting job. He then got into a twitter fight with longtime writer, Bruce Villanch, and though the two eventually made up, Franco was not long for the Twitter world, privatizing and then closing up his account a while later.
The Oscar-nominee came back to the social networking service earlier this year, though with a twist: he now only tweets links to posts to his WhoSay account. And they're not quite the same sort of daily updates that he once gave; now, Franco is posting a mix of photos and videos from his career, various web projects in which he's involved (including his college webseries, Undergrads) and, well, very curious locations.
The posts are largely without explanation or more than a brief caption, leaving only speculation as to what the message of each item may be. Granted, with Franco's twist-filled career, which involves more micro-financed independent projects, time in classrooms and experiments in pop culture than major studio films these days, they could all be connected in a way that few, if anyone else, can quite understand without looking at a total body of work.
Still, they're worth exploring, and chosen below are six of his most interesting posts. They do not include his web series, which can be viewed on its own terms.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead