James Franco Mashes Up 'Spring Breakers' and 'Spider-Man' to Warn Theatergoers (Video)
The chameleon actor-artist-author offers up some of his best-known characters in a pitch to convince audiences not to use their cellphones during screenings.
He's missing the grills, but James Franco still means business.
The multi-hyphenate was in Austin for SXSW last week, where he pulled double duty in attending the U.S. premiere of his debauched movie Spring Breakers and presenting his film Interior. Leather. Bar. The latter event took place at the famed Alamo Drafthouse, where he spared some time to participate in one of the theater's very public campaigns: ending cell phone use during screenings.
Franco adopted the drawl of Alien, his rapper-deal-gangsta-visionary character in Spring Breakers, to rattle off the virtues of the Drafthouse -- "You got hot dogs! Hamburgers! Look at my shit!" -- and demand that filmgoers put away their mobile devices.
And if that didn't convince you, he dropped into a little Spider-Man nostalgia, too.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bart Simpson Gets A Fake ID On An 'American Dad' That Channels 'Breaking Bad'
- 'Revenge': Victoria's RSVP Throws A Huge Wrench In Emily's Plans (VIDEO)
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini-Series Premiere Puts Bonnie In Charge Of Duo's Crime Spree (VIDEO)
- 'Once Upon A Time' Returns To Storybrooke, But Peter Pan Is Planning A Curse (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction