James Franco Mashes Up 'Spring Breakers' and 'Spider-Man' to Warn Theatergoers (Video)
The chameleon actor-artist-author offers up some of his best-known characters in a pitch to convince audiences not to use their cellphones during screenings.
He's missing the grills, but James Franco still means business.
The multi-hyphenate was in Austin for SXSW last week, where he pulled double duty in attending the U.S. premiere of his debauched movie Spring Breakers and presenting his film Interior. Leather. Bar. The latter event took place at the famed Alamo Drafthouse, where he spared some time to participate in one of the theater's very public campaigns: ending cell phone use during screenings.
Franco adopted the drawl of Alien, his rapper-deal-gangsta-visionary character in Spring Breakers, to rattle off the virtues of the Drafthouse -- "You got hot dogs! Hamburgers! Look at my shit!" -- and demand that filmgoers put away their mobile devices.
And if that didn't convince you, he dropped into a little Spider-Man nostalgia, too.
- Jon Stewart Says The U.S. Is 'Like The Oprah Of Middle East Weapons Systems!'
- Teen Cosplayer Sexually Assaulted And Beaten Near Comic-Con, Police Say
- Nathan Fielder's 'Dumb Starbucks' Episode Finally Airs, And It's Genius
- Justin Bieber And Orlando Bloom Maybe, Possibly Just Had The Lamest Fight Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'