IFC Nabs James McAvoy's 'Welcome to the Punch'
The film, directed by Eran Creevy, also stars Mark Strong and Andrea Riseborough.
IFC Films has acquired all U.S. rights to writer-director Eran Creevy’s action thriller Welcome to the Punch from Worldview Entertainment. The film stars James McAvoy as a detective pursuing a former criminal, played by Mark Strong, who returns to London from a hideaway in Iceland after his son is involved in a heist gone wrong.
Punch, which also stars Andrea Riseborough, was produced by Rory Aitken and Ben Pugh of Between the Eyes and Brian Kavanaugh Jones of Automatik. Worldview’s Christopher Woodrow, Molly Conners, Maria Cestone and Sarah Johnson Redlich executive produced with Ridley Scott and Liza Marshall of Scott Free Productions, Xavier Marchand of Momentum Pictures, and Stuart Ford of IM Global.
"Welcome to the Punch is an ingenious action thriller featuring some of the best actors working today,” Jonathan Sehring, president of Sundance Selects-IFC Films, said.
The deal was negotiated between Jeff Deutchman, director of acquisitions and productions for Sundance Selects-IFC Films and CAA, which repped Worldview. IM Global has international rights to the film.
- 'Teen Wolf' Fans Can Barely Contain Their Excitement At Comic Con
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- The 10 Most Important 'Interstellar' Mysteries Revealed at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer: Back To the Hilariously Outrageous Future (VIDEO)
- There's Still Hope For an 'X-Files' Reboot