IFC Nabs James McAvoy's 'Welcome to the Punch'
The film, directed by Eran Creevy, also stars Mark Strong and Andrea Riseborough.
IFC Films has acquired all U.S. rights to writer-director Eran Creevy’s action thriller Welcome to the Punch from Worldview Entertainment. The film stars James McAvoy as a detective pursuing a former criminal, played by Mark Strong, who returns to London from a hideaway in Iceland after his son is involved in a heist gone wrong.
Punch, which also stars Andrea Riseborough, was produced by Rory Aitken and Ben Pugh of Between the Eyes and Brian Kavanaugh Jones of Automatik. Worldview’s Christopher Woodrow, Molly Conners, Maria Cestone and Sarah Johnson Redlich executive produced with Ridley Scott and Liza Marshall of Scott Free Productions, Xavier Marchand of Momentum Pictures, and Stuart Ford of IM Global.
"Welcome to the Punch is an ingenious action thriller featuring some of the best actors working today,” Jonathan Sehring, president of Sundance Selects-IFC Films, said.
The deal was negotiated between Jeff Deutchman, director of acquisitions and productions for Sundance Selects-IFC Films and CAA, which repped Worldview. IM Global has international rights to the film.
- Bill Maher And Bernie Sanders Take Down 'Chicken' Donald Trump
- LeBron James Jr. Is Headed To A Sixth Straight NBA Finals
- America's Sweetheart Susan Lucci Opens Up About Love, Fans and the Little Boy Who Won Her Heart
- Harry Connick, Jr. Tells Grads: It's Exciting If You Don't Have Your Career Planned
- Glee’s Mark Salling Indicted on Two Counts in Child Pornography Case
- How Old Is Everyone Supposed to Be in X-Men: Apocalypse?
- Penelope Cruz And Jimmy Fallon Dubsmash On The Tonight Show And You Know, Look, Live Television Is Not Easy
- Emilia Clarke, What Are You Doing? Don’t Watch Game of Thrones With Your Parents