'Moonrise Kingdom' Actor Joins Jason Reitman's 'Labor Day'
The Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin starrer is shooting in Massachusetts.
Jason Reitman's Labor Day, which began production June 5, has rounded out its cast.
Joining the Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin starrer are Lucas Hedges (who plays a member of the scout troop in Moonrise Kingdom), Alexie Gilmore (Definitely, Maybe) and Micah Fowler.
The project from Paramount and Indian Paintbrush is being directed by Reitman, who also wrote the script based on the Joyce Maynard novel of the same name. The project is filming in Massachusetts.
Labor Day centers on 13-year-old Henry Wheeler (Gattlin Griffith), who must care for his reclusive mother Adele Wheeler (Winslet) while dealing with the typical troubles of adolescence. Henry's life is changed when he and his mother offer shelter to a man named Frank Chambers (Brolin), who is revealed to be an escaped convict.
Gilmore plays Marjorie, who is Henry's stepmother; Hedges plays Richard, Marjorie's son; and Fowler plays Barry, the son of Adele's friend Evelyn.
Reitman and partner Helen Estabrook are producing through their Right of Way Films banner, along with Liane Halfon and Russell Smith of Mr. Mudd Productions.
Steven Rales and Mark Roybal of Indian Paintbrush are executive producing.
Hedges is represented by Abrams Artists Agency and Anonymous Content; Gilmore is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
- Macabre Minstrel Alu Sings About Disease, Divorce and Survival on Her New Album
- Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman Dresses As Harry Potter -- And It's Awesome
- The ‘Bachelor’ Franchise Needs To Stop Giving Chad A Platform For His BS
- Ben Affleck Goes Full Boston To Get 'Kid Brother' Swing State To Vote
- The Pretty Little Liars Finale to Get One-Hour Post-Show Special
- Kesha Has Already Written and Recorded 22 New Songs That Are Just Waiting to Be Released; Dr. Luke Claims ‘She Exiled Herself’
- Let’s Not Go Back to the Good Old Days of Real Rap Beef
- The Stirring Music of the Met’s Guillaume Tell Helps Offset Its Aimless Direction