'Safe' Trailer: Jason Statham Teams Up With an Unlikely Partner (Video)
The Lionsgate actioner opens in theaters March 2, 2012.
Jason Statham is back with another actioner: the aptly titled Safe.
The R-rated film from Lionsgate follows a similar DNA from Statham's recent batch of big-screen projects. The only catch this time around, is that he'll be protecting a 12-year-old girl who can remember everything (not to be confused with CBS' Unforgettable, revolving around a female adult cop who can do the same). In the new trailer released on Thursday, even before Statham utters a word, he fends off several "bad guys" before delving deep into the task.
When he discovers that she was shown a never-ending number that's "not just random" but sequential, that's when he and girl team up with everyone hot on their tail. "It's a code," Statham, whose character is a former cop, figures out. The best moment may be the final scene between Statham and an unsuspecting victim at a bar.
"Let's go to war."
Safe, written and directed by Boaz Yakin and co-starring Anson Mount and Chris Sarandon, opens in theaters March 2, 2012.
Watch the trailer below:
- Zombies on a Plane! AMC to Air 'Walking Dead' Special Tied to 'Fear' Season 2
- Matt Damon Shares Cool 'Bourne' Sequel Plot and Production Updates
- Emily Ratajkowski Facts: 8 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About the 'We Are Your Friends' Star
- 'Everest' Takes Jake Gyllenhaal's Breath Away in This Exclusive Clip
- Jennifer Lopez: 'Clothes Are an Expression of the Music I Create'
- Kiernan Shipka & Ariel Winter Look Wonderful for Just Jared's Wonderland Party Presented by Ever After High!
- Orlando Bloom Steps Out Amid 'Pirates' Return Excitement
- Pete Wentz Strums Up Support at Just Jared's 'Way Too Wonderland' Party