'Safe' Trailer: Jason Statham Teams Up With an Unlikely Partner (Video)
The Lionsgate actioner opens in theaters March 2, 2012.
Jason Statham is back with another actioner: the aptly titled Safe.
The R-rated film from Lionsgate follows a similar DNA from Statham's recent batch of big-screen projects. The only catch this time around, is that he'll be protecting a 12-year-old girl who can remember everything (not to be confused with CBS' Unforgettable, revolving around a female adult cop who can do the same). In the new trailer released on Thursday, even before Statham utters a word, he fends off several "bad guys" before delving deep into the task.
When he discovers that she was shown a never-ending number that's "not just random" but sequential, that's when he and girl team up with everyone hot on their tail. "It's a code," Statham, whose character is a former cop, figures out. The best moment may be the final scene between Statham and an unsuspecting victim at a bar.
"Let's go to war."
Safe, written and directed by Boaz Yakin and co-starring Anson Mount and Chris Sarandon, opens in theaters March 2, 2012.
Watch the trailer below:
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Will Sail Into Theaters July 2017
- 11 Movies So Bad They're Worth Watching Just to See How Bad They Are
- This Exclusive 'Wish I Was Here' Preview Is Full of Swearing (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)