Jeff Berg Lures Gersh's Abram Nalibotsky to New Agency (Exclusive)
Nalibotsky's clients included directors Chuck Russell, Jon Amiel and Steven Quale, among others.
Talent agent Abram Nalibotsky has departed the Gersh Agency and joined Jeff Berg's new unnamed talent agency, according to multiple sources. At Gersh, Nalibotsky served as co-head of the motion picture literary department.
Nalibotsky's clients at his former agency included directors Chuck Russell (Collateral, The Scorpion King), Jon Amiel (Creation, The Borgias), Steven Quale (Final Destination 5), Thor Freudenthal (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the upcoming Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters) and Tim Hill (Alvin and the Chipmunks).
It is unclear which clients will follow Nalibotsky to Berg's new Century City-based company. Berg did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment, and Nalibotsky could not be reached for comment.
The details of Berg's plans for his new company have not been made public, but sources say he has been talking with several agents at such companies as CAA, WME and his former agency ICM about possibly joining the venture.
Berg, who ran ICM and its predecessor agency for more than three decades, left the company Oct. 26 and has been operating out of a temporary space at 10100 Santa Monica Blvd. in Century City.
Email: Borys.Kit@THR.com; Daniel.Miller@THR.com
- The 9 Best 'Sharknado' GIFs Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Amy Poehler & Aubrey Plaza Celebrate with Chris Pratt at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening After Party!
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Jessica Found Dead at 47
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Hilarious 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Prank on The Roots - Watch Now!
- Girls' Allison Williams Lands Peter Pan Role in 'Peter Pan Live' on NBC!