Jennifer Lawrence's 'House at The End of the Street' Trailer Hits the Web (Video)
Hot off "The Hunger Games," the young star features in the genre film that is the directorial debut of Mark Tonderai.
Jennifer Lawrence is an expert survivor.
The 21-year-old now-superstar has risen to fame on the strength of two tough girl films, in 2010's Winter's Bone and this month's mega-hit, The Hunger Games. She traversed the freezing Appalachians in the former, and a battle royale, teenage death match arena in the latter movie. In between filming the two, she made a genre horror film that, yes, featured her fighting for her life.
In The House at the End of the Street, Lawrence plays a teen who, with her mother (Elizabeth Shue) moves into the house next to a home where a double homicide had taken place. She strikes up a friendship with the surviving son, played by Max Theriot, which leads to all sorts of complications of the deadly variety.
While this is a small indie, Lawrence looks primed to cash in on the success of The Hunger Games, with a big pay bump in her future.
Hunger Games co-star Josh Hutcherson also has a smaller film releasing soon to piggyback on the blockbuster's success, as his Samuel Goldwyn film Detention will hit theaters in April.
The movie, from Relativity, hits theaters in September.
- Watch Michael Fassbender And Alicia Vikander Recall Their Fairytale Meet-Cute
- Why So Many Gay Guys Like Barb From Stranger Things
- Indiana Jones and the Lost Labor of Love: Raiders! Chronicles Teens Remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Kim Kardashian And Blac Chyna Are Back To Being Best Friends In New Video
- How a YouTuber Went From Bedroom Impressionist to Making a Cameo on Game of Thrones
- Lauren Conrad’s The Hills Special: Her Trailer’s Full of Secrets
- Weekend Update’s Michael Che and Colin Jost Interview Bernie Sanders Supporters and Their Hats at the DNC
- Rick and Morty’s Re-creation of an Actual Murder Trial Exchange Just Seems Like a Lost Episode