Jennifer Lawrence's 'House at The End of the Street' Trailer Hits the Web (Video)
Hot off "The Hunger Games," the young star features in the genre film that is the directorial debut of Mark Tonderai.
Jennifer Lawrence is an expert survivor.
The 21-year-old now-superstar has risen to fame on the strength of two tough girl films, in 2010's Winter's Bone and this month's mega-hit, The Hunger Games. She traversed the freezing Appalachians in the former, and a battle royale, teenage death match arena in the latter movie. In between filming the two, she made a genre horror film that, yes, featured her fighting for her life.
In The House at the End of the Street, Lawrence plays a teen who, with her mother (Elizabeth Shue) moves into the house next to a home where a double homicide had taken place. She strikes up a friendship with the surviving son, played by Max Theriot, which leads to all sorts of complications of the deadly variety.
While this is a small indie, Lawrence looks primed to cash in on the success of The Hunger Games, with a big pay bump in her future.
Hunger Games co-star Josh Hutcherson also has a smaller film releasing soon to piggyback on the blockbuster's success, as his Samuel Goldwyn film Detention will hit theaters in April.
The movie, from Relativity, hits theaters in September.
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril
- Conan O'Brien Crashed a 'Magic Mike XXL' Girls Night - and It Was Glorious
- Demi Lovato Takes a Nasty Fall at Her 'Cool For the Summer' Party (Video)
- New York Giants Defensive End Jason Pierre-Paul Injured in Fireworks Accident
- Kim Kardashian Shares More Fourth of July Family Photos!
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Irina Shayk Sit Front Row for Atelier Versace Show at Paris Fashion Week