Jim Carrey Gives the Finger to Charlton Heston, Gun Owners in Funny or Die Spoof (Video)
In a throwback-style music video called "Cold Dead Hand," Carrey tweaks gun owners as hell-bound neurotics compensating for their other (physical) shortcomings.
What happens when you cross The Mask, Fire Marshall Bill Burns and the 20th century's foremost spokesperson for gun rights?
Jim Carrey as a very disturbed Charlton Heston.
In a new spoof video for Funny or Die, the rubber-faced funnyman impersonates the baritone acting legend-turned-NRA spokesman with a special country song that plays the age-old trick of equating a love of guns with the need to compensate for a lack of...something else.
Quoth Carrey as country crooner Lonesome Earl singing to "Heston" in the skit: "Your chariot may not be swinging low."
Other highlights include Earl flipping the bird and being backed by a band comprised of Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln and John Lennon.
In a statement that accompanied the video's release, Carrey said simply, “I find the gun problem frustrating and ‘Cold Dead Hand’ is my fun little way of expressing that frustration."
- This 'Hands Of Stone' Clip Matches Roberto Durán With Sugar Ray Leonard For The First Time
- JoJo's Record Label Forced Her To Lose Weight With Injections And A 500-Calorie Diet
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Troian Bellisario Is 'So Appalled' By Taylor Swift's 'False Feminism'
- Will Smith's Reactions To Ben Affleck In 'Suicide Squad' Are Everything
- Gillian Jacobs on Fearing Improv, the End of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl, and the Lessons of Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants to Consciously Uncouple from Goop
- American Sniper Fans Are Upset Bradley Cooper Attended the DNC
- Watch the Bourne Trilogy Honest Trailer: Matt Damon Has the Skills of an Assassin and the Mind of Dory