Jim Carrey Gives the Finger to Charlton Heston, Gun Owners in Funny or Die Spoof (Video)
In a throwback-style music video called "Cold Dead Hand," Carrey tweaks gun owners as hell-bound neurotics compensating for their other (physical) shortcomings.
What happens when you cross The Mask, Fire Marshall Bill Burns and the 20th century's foremost spokesperson for gun rights?
Jim Carrey as a very disturbed Charlton Heston.
In a new spoof video for Funny or Die, the rubber-faced funnyman impersonates the baritone acting legend-turned-NRA spokesman with a special country song that plays the age-old trick of equating a love of guns with the need to compensate for a lack of...something else.
Quoth Carrey as country crooner Lonesome Earl singing to "Heston" in the skit: "Your chariot may not be swinging low."
Other highlights include Earl flipping the bird and being backed by a band comprised of Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln and John Lennon.
In a statement that accompanied the video's release, Carrey said simply, “I find the gun problem frustrating and ‘Cold Dead Hand’ is my fun little way of expressing that frustration."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Revenge': Victoria's RSVP Throws A Huge Wrench In Emily's Plans (VIDEO)
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini-Series Premiere Puts Bonnie In Charge Of Duo's Crime Spree (VIDEO)
- 'Once Upon A Time' Returns To Storybrooke, But Peter Pan Is Planning A Curse (VIDEO)
- Kandi Burruss And Fantasia Barrino Tired Of Wendy Williams Attacking Them (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction