Tennis Icon Jimmy Connors Signs With APA (Exclusive)
He won five U.S. Opens and three other Grand Slam singles tournaments.
Tennis superstar Jimmy Connors has signed with talent agency APA in all areas.
Connors won the U.S. Open five times and a total of 109 ATP titles, more than any other male tennis player. His rivalry with hot-headed tennis star John McEnroe in the 1970s and 1980s made both players cultural icons.
APA will look to extend Connors' brand across all platforms, from broadcast to endorsements and publishing. Connors' memoir, The Outsider, will be published by Harper on May 14.
Connors won Wimbledon twice and the Australian Open once; he also had doubles wins at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. He is a member of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Hall of Fame and the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
Connors has also served as a BBC and Tennis Channel commentator and analyst for Wimbledon, the French Open and the U.S. Open.
He also is represented by Michael Blakey of Electra Star Management.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- 'Batman vs. Superman': Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'
- Kristen Bell on Her 'Veronica Mars' Homecoming, Tasering the Paparazzi, and Being the Next Bill Shatner