Joel David Moore Joins Oliver Stone's 'Savages'
Blake Lively and Taylor Kitsch also star in the Universal Pictures crime drama.
Joel David Moore has joined the cast of Savages, which Oliver Stone is directing for Universal Pictures.
Blake Lively, Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Johnson, Salma Hayek, Benicio del Toro, John Travolta, Uma Thurman and Emile Hirsch also star in the crime drama based on the 2010 novel written by Don Winslow. Moore is taking on the role of an expert computer geek who moves on from a Washington think tank to the marijuana business.
Winslow adapted the screenplay with Shane Salerno and Stone. Moritz Borman and Eric Kopeloff are producing. Universal exec Tracy Falco is overseeing the project for the studio.
Repped by Innovative Artists and Underground Management, Moore has recently appeared in the films Janie Jones, Avatar and Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. He will next be seen in Relativity's Shark Night 3D in September and the Summit thriller Gone in February.
- Hassan Whiteside 'Broke' Snapchat This Morning, And That's Only The Beginning For The App
- The Summer's Dumbest Video Game Is Also Kind Of My Favorite
- Vicki Gunvalson Talks Life After 'Cancer-Gate' On 'Real Housewives Of Orange County'
- Arresting Our Attention: The Man In Blue On 'Orange Is The New Black,' Michael Harney On Season 4 And His Activist Heart
- Game of Thrones Cast Members and All-Around Good People Visited Syrian Refugee Camps in Greece
- Matthew McConaughey to Teach a College Class, Definitely Not Stick Around for Office Hours
- 8 Movies to See (or Not) This Fourth of July Weekend
- Thandie Newton’s Story of Sexual Abuse During an Audition Is Still Horrifying