Joel Kinnaman, Noomi Rapace Exit UTA (Exclusive)
The up-and-coming actors drop the agency on the heels of fellow Magnolia Entertainment client Rachel McAdams' exit.
Rising stars Joel Kinnaman and Noomi Rapace have abruptly left United Talent Agency, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Sources say the Swedish actors individually informed the agency of their plans to sever ties on Friday morning. Both continue to be represented by manager Shelley Browning and Magnolia Entertainment.
The moves come nearly a month after Rachel McAdams, another high-profile Magnolia client, exited UTA on April 19. Kinnaman, Rapace and McAdams all were represented by UTA partner Tracey Jacobs.
Both Kinnaman and Rapace are considered up-and-coming talents who were part of a Swedish wave that splashed through Hollywood a few years back.
Kinnaman broke through with the Scandinavian hit Snabba Cash (Easy Money) and is best known as the male star of AMC’s acclaimed crime drama The Killing, which begins its third season June 2. He also stars in MGM’s upcoming Robocop remake, set for release in February.
Rapace came to prominence in the original Swedish The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. She made her Hollywood debut with Sherlock Holmes: Book of Shadows and starred in Ridley Scott's 2012 Alien prequel, Prometheus. Rapace briefly left UTA for WME last year but returned.
Kinnaman and Rapace are both attached to star with Tom Hardy in Child 44, a Soviet thriller set to be directed by Snabba Cash and Safe House filmmaker Daniel Espinosa — who is currently represented by by UTA and Magnolia.
- Beat Bugs Trailer: Netflix’s New Animated Kids Series Features a Ton of Beatles Covers Your Kids Won’t Know Are Covers
- A Film Producer Is Tweeting Out Terrible Descriptions of Female Characters in Scripts
- What Shows Will Make Me Cry? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- These Deleted Scenes From Mrs. Doubtfire Will Remind You That the Movie Was Actually Deeply Sad
- Kim Kardashian Goes Sheer in New York City Ahead of Fashion Week!
- Courteney Cox, Kate Hudson & Demi Moore Help Jennifer Meyer Celebrate Superga XO Collection!
- Eva Longoria Shakes Her Booty for 'Lip Sync Battle' Performance of 'Low' - Watch Now!
- Suki Waterhouse & Karlie Kloss Launch 'Vogue 100: A Century of Style' Gallery