Johnny Depp’s 'The Rum Diary' New Poster Revealed (Photo)
FilmDistrict’s zany film is based on Hunter S. Thompson’s first novel.
Most fans of Johnny Depp probably hoped that he’d be present in the poster for his upcoming film, The Rum Diary. But alas, the Depp well runs dry with the newly released art from FilmDistrict.
Instead, the poster features bottles of booze spelling out the title for the film. The slogan on the poster reads: “One part outrage. One part justice. Three parts rum. Mix well.”
Based on the debut novel by Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary tells the increasingly unhinged story of itinerant journalist Paul Kemp (Depp). Kemp travels to Puerto Rico, where he becomes a devout drinker of rum and becomes obsessed with a woman named Chenault, played by The Playboy Club's Amber Heard.
Luckily, the previously released trailer for The Rum Dairy features plenty of time with Depp, who was a friend of the late writer Hunter S. Thompson.
The film, which will open in theaters on October 28, also stars Aaron Eckhart, Michael Rispoli, Richard Jenkins, Giovanni Ribisi and Marshall Bell.
The film version of Thompson's novel has been a long-time coming. After several versions of the film did not move past development in the early 2000s, producer Graham King aquired the rights in 2007 and brought in Depp and Heard. Principal photography began in 2009.
- Scottie Pippen Files For Divorce From Wife Larsa Pippen After 19 Years
- Kim Kardashian Says She 'Can Handle' Lack Of Privacy In Chilling Interview Taped Before Robbery
- This Halloween, Don’t Be THAT Person With The Frighteningly Offensive Costume
- Kate McKinnon's 'Ghostbusters' Bloopers Prove She's An American Hero
- This Is What a $30,000 Cosplay Outfit Looks Like
- Every Episode of Black Mirror, Ranked From Worst to Best
- The High Maintenance Creators on Their First HBO Season, Interrogating Their Fans, and Why ‘The Guy’ Is Less Chill These Days
- Anne Hathaway Truthers Rejoice: She Admits She Faked Her Way Through That Oscar Acceptance Speech