Josh Brolin, Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling Holding Offers for 'Gangster Squad'
The crime drama is nearing a greenlight at Warner Bros.
Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin all have offers to star in Warner Bros.' Gangster Squad.
The crime drama, which was written by Will Beall from a series of Los Angeles Times articles, has Zombieland helmer Ruben Fleischer directing. Penn is in line to take on the role of gangster Mickey Cohen; it's not yet clear what roles Brolin and Gosling have been offered.
Dan Lin and Kevin McCormick are producing.
The CAA-repped Penn last starred in Fair Game. He next stars in Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life, which Fox Searchlight will open May 27 ahead of the film's competition screenings in Cannes.
Gosling, repped by IFA Talent Agency and Artist Management, has the WB romantic comedy Crazy Stupid Love hitting theaters in July and the FilmDistrict action flick Drive, which will also compete in Cannes, opening in September. He also stars in George Clooney's next film, The Ides of March, which is scheduled for an October release.
The CAA-repped Brolin last starred in True Grit, Jonah Hex and You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger. He's lately been filming Men in Black III, which Sony will release in May 2012.
- The 9 Best 'Sharknado' GIFs Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Amy Poehler & Aubrey Plaza Celebrate with Chris Pratt at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening After Party!
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Jessica Found Dead at 47
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Hilarious 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Prank on The Roots - Watch Now!
- Girls' Allison Williams Lands Peter Pan Role in 'Peter Pan Live' on NBC!