Josh Gad, Hilary Duff and Charlie Sheen Feature in Trailer for Indie Dramedy 'She Wants Me' (Exclusive Video)
The film, about a Hollywood screenwriter stuck between work and love, was just acquired by GoDigital VOD.
It's a good week to get into the Josh Gad business.
GoDigital, a leading video on demand and home entertainment distributor, announced on Tuesday that they had acquired the US digital distribution rights to the romantic dramedy She Wants Me, in which Gad, who also just had his NBC show 1600 Penn picked up for series, stars.
In the film, which was directed by Rob Margolies and produced by Charlie Sheen (who cameos) and Jeremy Schott, Gad plays Sam, a budding screenwriter who writes a film in which he asks his gorgeous girlfriend Sammy (Kristin Ruhlin) to star. That plan hits a bump in the road with the development that superstar actress Kim Powers (Hilary Duff) has read and loves the script and wants the part. It's an ironic twist that puts Sam in a tough position, which is not at all helped by Sammy's ex-husband crashing on their couch.
The film goes straight to cable and digital outlets on September 18.
- It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
- The Fight Over Prince’s Estate Continues to Be a Purple-Tinged Nightmare
- Bob Dylan Is Releasing a 36-Disc Set of 1966 Live Albums to Go Immediately on Your Christmas List
- Patton Oswalt Discusses Losing His Wife Michelle McNamara: ‘My ’80s Sitcom Sucks. There’s No Punch Lines.’
- Rob Kardashian Leaks Kylie Jenner's Phone Number: More Details Revealed
- Emily Blunt & John Krasinski Head to Dinner at Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Apartment
- Who Won Presidential Debate 2016? Experts Weigh In on Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump
- Pregnant Katherine Heigl Checks Out Husband Josh Kelley's Concert