Josh Hutcherson's 'Detention' Horror Spoof Clip Hits the Web (Video)
The "Hunger Games" star featured in Joseph Kahn's genre send-up that is hitting theaters in April via Samuel Goldwyn.
Now, Josh Hutcherson is best known for his role as the passive romantic Peeta in The Hunger Games, but as his next film proves, he can pull off the cool kid role, too.
As serious as the dystopian teen war film is, the slasher spoof Detention is silly: Hutcherson plays the slick Clapton, the hot guy in school who falls for his awkward female classmate (what an reverse!) as students find themselves being stalked by a slasher. Clapton is among the teens who are sequestered by the school principal, played by Dane Cook, who join together to uncover the identity of the killer -- if they can be trusting long enough not to kill each other.
In the clip below, Hutcherson's Clapton prepares for a fight -- if only Katniss had called him her Daniel Larusso.
Director Joseph Kahn, speaking to THR about the film, said, "I always wanted to make a time traveling horror comedy about bears, serial killers, the 90's, and UFOs. Let's be honest, this genre is underrepresented in Hollywood.”
The film hits theaters on April 13.
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014