'Joyful Noise' Trailer: Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton Are Forced to Team Up (Video)
The Todd Graff-directed film co-stars Keke Palmer and Courtney B. Vance.
Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton are in a project together, and it's called Joyful Noise.
The musical film centers on two women who must work together when a small-town gospel choir is threatened after the death of the group's director. Latifah, portraying a mother of two teenagers, and Parton, who plays the director's wife, lead a cast that includes Keke Palmer and Courtney B. Vance.
The trailer reveals nearly the entire plot, with several snippets of musical numbers, including a performance of "Man in the Mirror."
Joyful Noise, written and directed by Todd Graff (Bandslam, The Beautician and the Beast), is slated to open in theaters Jan. 13, 2012. The project marks Parton's first film role since Straight Talk, which was released in 1992.
Watch the trailer below:
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Kerry Washington Brings 'Scandal' to Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration