'Joyful Noise' Trailer: Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton Are Forced to Team Up (Video)
The Todd Graff-directed film co-stars Keke Palmer and Courtney B. Vance.
Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton are in a project together, and it's called Joyful Noise.
The musical film centers on two women who must work together when a small-town gospel choir is threatened after the death of the group's director. Latifah, portraying a mother of two teenagers, and Parton, who plays the director's wife, lead a cast that includes Keke Palmer and Courtney B. Vance.
The trailer reveals nearly the entire plot, with several snippets of musical numbers, including a performance of "Man in the Mirror."
Joyful Noise, written and directed by Todd Graff (Bandslam, The Beautician and the Beast), is slated to open in theaters Jan. 13, 2012. The project marks Parton's first film role since Straight Talk, which was released in 1992.
Watch the trailer below:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sex. Vodka. Opera. You Must See: The Great Comet of 1812
- Pop Danthology's Mashup Of 68 Songs From 2013 Will Make You Wanna Dance
- The Mandela You Don't Know: The Savvy Politician Who Used the World Cup to Unite South Africa
- Idris Elba's 'Honour Of Stepping Into Nelson Mandela's Shoes', Film Royal Premiere As Former President Dies In South Africa
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95: Idris Elba, Morgan Freeman Pay Tribute to the South African Icon
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer Announces 2016 Follow-Up to 'Days of Future Past'
- 'A Christmas Story' Pole Scene Hilariously Re-Created on NYC Subway (VIDEO)
- 'The Fifth Beatle': Brian Epstein Biopic Lands 'Bring It On' Director