'Joyful Noise' Trailer: Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton Are Forced to Team Up (Video)
The Todd Graff-directed film co-stars Keke Palmer and Courtney B. Vance.
Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton are in a project together, and it's called Joyful Noise.
The musical film centers on two women who must work together when a small-town gospel choir is threatened after the death of the group's director. Latifah, portraying a mother of two teenagers, and Parton, who plays the director's wife, lead a cast that includes Keke Palmer and Courtney B. Vance.
The trailer reveals nearly the entire plot, with several snippets of musical numbers, including a performance of "Man in the Mirror."
Joyful Noise, written and directed by Todd Graff (Bandslam, The Beautician and the Beast), is slated to open in theaters Jan. 13, 2012. The project marks Parton's first film role since Straight Talk, which was released in 1992.
Watch the trailer below:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress