'Joyful Noise' Trailer: Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton Are Forced to Team Up (Video)
The Todd Graff-directed film co-stars Keke Palmer and Courtney B. Vance.
Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton are in a project together, and it's called Joyful Noise.
The musical film centers on two women who must work together when a small-town gospel choir is threatened after the death of the group's director. Latifah, portraying a mother of two teenagers, and Parton, who plays the director's wife, lead a cast that includes Keke Palmer and Courtney B. Vance.
The trailer reveals nearly the entire plot, with several snippets of musical numbers, including a performance of "Man in the Mirror."
Joyful Noise, written and directed by Todd Graff (Bandslam, The Beautician and the Beast), is slated to open in theaters Jan. 13, 2012. The project marks Parton's first film role since Straight Talk, which was released in 1992.
Watch the trailer below:
- Adele Brings You This Short Interruption of Her Own Concert: Beyoncé ‘Is Jesus F*cking Christ’
- Maria Bamford Talks to Baron Vaughn About Stand-Up, Grace and Frankie, and Being Embezzled
- Taylor Swift Made the Most Money of Any Musician in 2015, Unless She Has to Share With the Squad, In Which Case, Yikes
- Bring Down the Patriarchy By Watching Jennifer Lopez’s ‘Ain’t Your Mama’ Music Video
- Alexis Bledel & Matt Czuchry Reunite on 'Gilmore Girls' Set!
- Brody Jenner Is Engaged to Kaitlynn Carter - See the Announcement!
- Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Lyrics & Download Link!
- Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher, Kristen Bell & Dax Shepard Play 'Never Have We Ever' on 'Ellen' - Watch Now!