Kanye West Signs With CAA
The superstar rapper reunites with longtime agent Cara Lewis, who had previously represented him at WME.
Kanye West and his longtime agent Cara Lewis have been reunited at CAA.
The superstar rapper had been previously represented by Lewis at William Morris Endeavor, where her client roster also included Eminem, Rihanna, Cee Lo Green, Common, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, B.o.B. and Soulja Boy. She joined CAA in January of 2012. In the days and weeks following her WME departure, it was debated whether West would follow, although his move to join her does not come as a surprise, as West tweeted that he "fired" William Morris shortly after Lewis left. "I have no agency representing me currently... William Morris was fired after Cara lewis quit. I love Cara Lewis," he wrote.
His arrival is a significant boost to CAA's already thriving music department (headed by Rob Light) in no small part because West's most recent tour, Watch the Throne, with label-mate Jay-Z, has gone down in history as the highest grossing hip-hop trek of all time.
Lewis herself is a major player in the R&B and rap scene, having spent 23 years at William Morris where, over time, she commanded a major share of the booking business for that market. She came in at No. 14 on Billboard's 2011 Women in Music list.
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Norman Reedus to Publish Book of 'Walking Dead' Fans' Daryl Dixon Art (PHOTOS)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Winners: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Meet Pete Davidson, the Newest 'Saturday Night Live' Featured Player (VIDEO)
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & Freddie Prinze, Jr. Are Getting Ready for Charlotte & Rocky's Birthdays!
- Taryn Manning Goes Glam for GLAAD San Francisco Gala 2014
- Patrick Dempsey Inks ABC Studios Developmental Deal
- Barbra Streisand & Jimmy Fallon Sing the Best Duets Medley Ever on 'Tonight Show' - Watch Now!