Kanye West Signs With CAA
The superstar rapper reunites with longtime agent Cara Lewis, who had previously represented him at WME.
Kanye West and his longtime agent Cara Lewis have been reunited at CAA.
The superstar rapper had been previously represented by Lewis at William Morris Endeavor, where her client roster also included Eminem, Rihanna, Cee Lo Green, Common, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, B.o.B. and Soulja Boy. She joined CAA in January of 2012. In the days and weeks following her WME departure, it was debated whether West would follow, although his move to join her does not come as a surprise, as West tweeted that he "fired" William Morris shortly after Lewis left. "I have no agency representing me currently... William Morris was fired after Cara lewis quit. I love Cara Lewis," he wrote.
His arrival is a significant boost to CAA's already thriving music department (headed by Rob Light) in no small part because West's most recent tour, Watch the Throne, with label-mate Jay-Z, has gone down in history as the highest grossing hip-hop trek of all time.
Lewis herself is a major player in the R&B and rap scene, having spent 23 years at William Morris where, over time, she commanded a major share of the booking business for that market. She came in at No. 14 on Billboard's 2011 Women in Music list.
- RIP, Anne Meara: Stars Tweet Tributes, Ben Stiller Thanks Fans for 'Kind Words'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei's Comeuppance, Dany Meets 'The Gift'
- 'Braveheart': 25 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Mel Gibson's Epic
- 'Fantastic Four' Star Michael B. Jordan Responds to Critics of Black Johnny Storm
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kim Zolciak Celebrates Her Daughter's High School Graduation With Carnival Party
- The Newsroom's Alison Pill Marries Joshua Leonard - See Wedding Photos!
- Tyson Beckford Responds to Chris Brown's Threats Using Gun - See Video Here!
- Amanda Seyfried Poses Nude for Mario Testino's Towel Series