Kings of Leon Doc Added to Tribeca Film Fest Lineup
11:02 AM PDT 4/4/2011 by THR staff
Tony Kaye’s drama "Detachment," starring Adrien Brody, also will have its world premiere.
Two more films have been added to the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival feature lineup: The world premiere of Tony Kaye’s drama Detachment and a work-in-progress screening of Stephen C. Mitchell’s doc Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon.Detachment — a multi-layered drama about the intertwining lives of several high school teachers, administrators and students— stars Adrien Brody and Christina Hendricks and will debut as part of the Spotlight section at TFF Talihina Sky, which takes a behind-the-scenes look at the rise of Kings of Leon, is a special screening. “We're thrilled that we were able to include both of these films in the lineup,” David Kwok, director of programming, said in a statement. “Both complement the program well. Talihina Sky caps off a strong year of music films, and Detachment adds to the distinct dramas that we're presenting, and it's great that it's set in New York and made here.” The 10th edition of the Festival will take place from April 20 to May 1 in lower Manhattan.
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!