Kirsten Dunst, Orlando Bloom Join Clive Owen in Roger Donaldson's 'Cities'
The international thriller, which already includes Owen and Anil Kapoor, shoots in London, Mumbai and New York in 2012.
Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom have joined the cast of the international thriller Cities. Clive Owen and Anil Kapoor also star for writer-director Roger Donaldson and producers Matthew Metcalfe and Chris Curling. Filming is scheduled to begin in the spring in London, Mumbai and New York.
Cities takes place in the months before the Dow Jones stock-market high, intertwining the stories of characters around the globe including a New York hedge fund manager, a Mumbai policeman and a couple looking to buy a home in London.
“Cities is very much a movie for our time,” said Donaldson. “The subjects of greed and money and their impact on our every day lives surround us constantly, and Cities is a movie that will explore this in a dramatic way with tension and excitement at every turn.”
Eyeworks New Zealand is partnering on the production, and CEO Julie Christie is an executive producer. UTA’s Independent Film Group helped to package the film and structure the financing; the agency will rep domestic rights with CAA. Parlay Films is handling international rights.
Repped by UTA and Management 360, Dunst will next be in theaters in Melancholia. She last starred in All Good Things, How to Lose Friends & Alienate People and Spider-Man 3.
Repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Bloom is currently onscreen in The Three Musketeers. He is filming The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey for a December 2012 release.
Bloom and Dunst co-starred in the 2005 Cameron Crowe film Elizabethtown.
- Monty Python’s Michael Palin on Terry Jones: ‘The Progress of His Dementia Has Been Painful to Watch’
- California Just Passed A Law Requiring IMDb To Remove Ages Upon Request
- You’ll Never Find a Better Judi Dench Impression Than in the Trailer for Tracey Ullman’s Show, We Guarantee It
- The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
- Gigi Hadid Steps Out for 'TommyxGigi' Launch Event in Milan
- Nicole Richie Celebrates Birthday with Joel Madden, Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, & More at Disco-Themed Party!
- Adriana Lima & Joan Smalls Hit the Runway at the Bottega Veneta Show during Milan Fashion Week
- Alessandra Ambrosio Lands at LAX After Modeling Abroad