Lauren Glotzer Promoted to Executive VP Corporate Development at Sony Pictures
She has been with SPE for five years and now will head the corporate development team at the studio.
Lauren Glotzer has been promoted to executive vp corporate development at Sony Pictures Entertainment. She will report to David Hendler, senior executive vp and chief financial officer at SPE.
The company said Wednesday that Glotzer will head the corporate development team at the studio, overseeing studio investments and analyses, mergers and acquisitions, new business development and strategic planning. She was senior vp corporate development.
She replaces Jim Underwood, who in March made the move to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, where he is now executive vp worldwide digital and commercial strategy.
“Lauren’s strategic guidance has been invaluable in keeping the studio nimble and innovative, streamlining our operations, expanding our consumer offerings and investing in key businesses," Hendler said. "Her promotion is well deserved.”
During her time with SPE, Glotzer has worked on such ventures as the studio's increased stake in GSN and the launch of The Hot Ticket, a theatrical distribution label focused on alternative content.
Prior to joining the studio in 2007, she was associate director of group corporate development at Virgin Media.
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: Mirror, Mirror
- Hold on to Your Fedoras: Bruno Mars Will Perform With Beyoncé and Coldplay at Super Bowl 50
- Jennifer Lopez Will Have to Magically Find More Time in Her Schedule for Shades of Blue Season 2
- Martin Is Not Happy Kurt Russell Smashed Its Priceless Antique Guitar in Hateful Eight
- Former 'Survivor' Contestant Mike Skupin Arrested for Possession of Child Pornography
- Kerry Washington & Viola Davis Represent Outstanding Actresses at the NAACP Image Awards 2016
- Rebel Wilson Wants Justin Bieber To Be Her Valentine
- Giacomo Gianniotti Attends Screening of Denzel Washington-Directed 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode