Lauren Glotzer Promoted to Executive VP Corporate Development at Sony Pictures
She has been with SPE for five years and now will head the corporate development team at the studio.
Lauren Glotzer has been promoted to executive vp corporate development at Sony Pictures Entertainment. She will report to David Hendler, senior executive vp and chief financial officer at SPE.
The company said Wednesday that Glotzer will head the corporate development team at the studio, overseeing studio investments and analyses, mergers and acquisitions, new business development and strategic planning. She was senior vp corporate development.
She replaces Jim Underwood, who in March made the move to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, where he is now executive vp worldwide digital and commercial strategy.
“Lauren’s strategic guidance has been invaluable in keeping the studio nimble and innovative, streamlining our operations, expanding our consumer offerings and investing in key businesses," Hendler said. "Her promotion is well deserved.”
During her time with SPE, Glotzer has worked on such ventures as the studio's increased stake in GSN and the launch of The Hot Ticket, a theatrical distribution label focused on alternative content.
Prior to joining the studio in 2007, she was associate director of group corporate development at Virgin Media.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'The Middle': Sue Never Saw This Secret Crush Coming, Or His Perspective Of Her
- Aisha Tyler Calls Kanye West 'The Straight, Black Liberace' (VIDEO)
- Evangeline Lilly Not Too Happy With Women's Health's 'Best Butt Ever' Claim (VIDEO)
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)
- Watch a 'Fast & Furious' Video Tribute to Paul Walker
- 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Clip: Leonardo DiCaprio Makes How Much Money?! (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'Pompeii' Trailer: Kit Harington Faces a Power Greater Than the Roman Empire (VIDEO)
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Trailer: Eva Green Is Out to Kill Some Greeks (VIDEO)