Lindsay Lohan and James Deen's Grainy, Retro 'Canyons' Trailer Debuts
The preview for the independent film, directed by Paul Schrader, revels in throwback campiness.
At least in this Canyons trailer Lindsay Lohan and James Deen actually make an appearance.
In the second look at the indie film directed by Paul Schrader, grainy grindhouse campinesss pervades the entire one minute, 12-second trailer.
The film, penned by brat pack novelist Bret Easton Ellis, described itself on its Kickstarter page as following "five twenty-something's quest for power, love, sex and success in 2012 Hollywood" -- a subject that seems a natural fit for the American Psycho and Less Than Zero author.
Unlike The Canyons teaser -- which essentially was just moody clips of Los Angeles scenery without any actors or hint of a plot shown -- there's some sense of what Schrader is going for with this new trailer.
"Where the sex is as cheap as the budget ... and the only way out is death!" read the titles in the clip.
As for the casting of Lifetime's Liz & Dick star alongside porn actor Deen, Schrader previously described his casting this way to The Hollywood Reporter: “He’s charismatic. Why do people look at Tom Cruise and not someone who looks just like Tom Cruise? He has that special something."
The Canyons trailer, more than a little suggestively, heralds Deen as a "HUGE new talent."
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding