'LOL' Trailer Features Miley Cyrus, Demi Moore and Lots of Facebook
The Disney Channel graduate grows up -- slightly -- in this comedy about high school life and text talk.
Whereas two years ago David Fincher brought to the big screen the story of how social networking took over the web, Miley Cyrus is now delivering a case study of the impact it has made on the digital generation.
And from this look, OMG -- not all that much has changed.
Lionsgate's upcoming teen comedy LOL, a remake of a French comedy of the same name, stars Cyrus as a frustrated high schooler caught in between friendships, relationships and the tough, overbearing love of her mom, played by Demi Moore. The second trailer features voiceover from the one-time Hannah Montana, as well as plenty of Facebook status updates chronicling the ups and downs of her love life.
It's a bit of a fitting role for Cyrus, who has long been active on social media, sometimes tangling with fans, often defending herself, and occasionally posting provocative photos.
The film, from Lionsgate and Mandate, is set for a limited release on May 4.
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010