'Lost' Director Jack Bender Exits Paramount's Jack Ryan Movie
Bender would have helmed the Chris Pine vehicle, which is expected to begin filming this summer.
Director Jack Bender will no longer helm Paramount's forthcoming untitled Jack Ryan movie, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Bender has departed the project because of a scheduling conflict, a source said. He recently took on directing and executive producing duties for the Syfy pilot Rewind.
The Jack Ryan character from the novels by Tom Clancy is being refashioned for Star Trek star Chris Pine. The long-in-development reboot is being produced by Paramount and Skydance Pictures and is expected to begin filming this summer, once Pine finishes Star Trek 2.
A search will now begin in haste to select a new director. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing the project.
The Jack Ryan hero has been played by Harrison Ford (Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger), Ben Affleck (The Sum of All Fears) and Alec Baldwin (The Hunt for Red October).
Bender, who was an executive producer and director on ABC's Lost, is currently an executive producer and director of Fox's Alcatraz. He is represented by UTA.
- And Now, Here Are the 23 Most Outrageous Moments from 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- 21 Adrenaline-Pumping Blunders From Your Favorite Action Movies (PHOTOS)
- Best of Late Night TV: Zoe Saldana's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Makeup, Heidi Klum Rolls With Jimmy Fallon (VIDEO)
- Here's What's New on Netflix for August 2014
- Here's a List of the Ten Greatest Lines From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'!
- Kristen Bell Plays Dress Up on Night Off from 'Hair' Rehearsals
- Vin Diesel Covers 'Stay With Me' & Really Goes For Those High Notes - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lopez & Maksim Chmerkovskiy Dating Rumors Still Haven't Been Put to Rest