'Lost' Director Jack Bender Exits Paramount's Jack Ryan Movie
Bender would have helmed the Chris Pine vehicle, which is expected to begin filming this summer.
Director Jack Bender will no longer helm Paramount's forthcoming untitled Jack Ryan movie, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Bender has departed the project because of a scheduling conflict, a source said. He recently took on directing and executive producing duties for the Syfy pilot Rewind.
The Jack Ryan character from the novels by Tom Clancy is being refashioned for Star Trek star Chris Pine. The long-in-development reboot is being produced by Paramount and Skydance Pictures and is expected to begin filming this summer, once Pine finishes Star Trek 2.
A search will now begin in haste to select a new director. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing the project.
The Jack Ryan hero has been played by Harrison Ford (Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger), Ben Affleck (The Sum of All Fears) and Alec Baldwin (The Hunt for Red October).
Bender, who was an executive producer and director on ABC's Lost, is currently an executive producer and director of Fox's Alcatraz. He is represented by UTA.
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss
- Rashida Jones Talks 'Hot Girls Wanted' & Porn: It's Almost Part Of Our Mainstream