Madonna's 'W.E.' Trailer Tells the Tale of Two Love Stories (Video)
UPDATED: An official clip hit the web on Nov. 18, after a leaked version was removed mid-October. The 1930s affair between King Edward VIII and American Wallis Simpson is explored, along with a modern-day tryst.
Madonna’s second directorial venture, W.E., is the tale of two love stories. One is the controversial affair between King Edward VIII and American Wallis Simpson in the 1930s. The other is a modern-day story about a married woman who is in love with a Russian security guard. She also seems obsessed with the tale of King Edward VIII and Simpson.
The trailer for W.E., which was acquired by the Weinstein Co., proves that the film is stuffed full with emotional scenes and piano music. Madonna’s film, which premiered at the Venice Film Festival, received with mixed reviews.
“Enamored of surface appearances, the director and cinematographer Hagen Bogdanski make everything look good in an expensive music video sort of way and locations such as the Cote d'Azur , Portofino and assorted royal residences do nothing to detract from the air of wall-to-wall luxury,” wrote The Hollywood Reporter’s Todd McCarthy in his Venice Film Festival review.
The drama, which stars Abbie Cornish, James D'Arcy and Andrea Riseborough, opens in theaters on December 9.
- Jason Ritter says that being a blabbermouth makes working on Disney 's "Gravity Falls" tough
- Chris Messina Plays A Cheat & Dianna Agron Cries In Sam Smith's 'I'm Not The Only One'
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks About That Willow Photo And Her Marriage To Will
- Stephen Colbert Shows Us Why It's So Difficult To Cover Israel-Gaza Conflict
- Here's (Almost) Every Easter Egg in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (VIDEO)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Is It Too Weird for You?
- Dave Bautista, Drax in 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' on His Makeup and Fave Scene (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Facts: 17 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Guardians' Star