Magnolia Releases First U.S. Trailer for Kevin Macdonald's 'Marley' Doc (Video)
Bob Marley fans will be jammin’ as they get a first real look at the film’s in-depth portrait of the musician, told through the words of the people who knew him best.
Magnolia released the official U.S. trailer Friday for Marley, director Kevin Macdonald’s documentary about the iconic reggae artist. Bob Marley fans will be jammin’ as they get a first real look at the film’s in-depth portrait of the musician, told through the words of the people who knew him best.
Marley premiered earlier in the week at the Berlin Film Festival, where it drew strong praise from critics for its straightforward portrait of the artist’s life. Magnolia picked up the rights to the film just a day after Marley’s birthday, February 6, and plans to release the film on April 20, 2012, commemorating the appropriately semi-related date associated with smoking marijuana.
Macdonald’s previous work includes The Last King of Scotland and The Eagle, as well as the documentaries One Day in September and Touching the Void. Marley is the first fully authorized documentary about the life of Bob Marley, and his family members as well as his record label have offered their support as it advances towards its theatrical and VOD release.
- Best of Late Night TV: Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync, Len Goodman Spills 'DWTS' Secrets (VIDEO)
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Red Band Society' and 'The Mysteries of Laura' Series Premieres, 'Franklin & Bash,' and More Picks
- 7 Sitcom Guys That Are Our Boyfriends In Our Heads (GIFs)
- Darrell Hammond Replacing the Late Don Pardo as 'Saturday Night Live' Announcer
- Zac Efron Given Funny Nicknames by 'We Are Your Friends' Director Max Joseph
- Jennifer Lawrence Attended Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert & 'Couldn't Take Her Eyes Off Him'
- Pregnant Kate Middleton is Still Ill with Hyperemesis Gravidarum, Cancels Solo Malta Trip