Magnolia Pictures Takes U.S. Rights to 'Roadie'
The Michael Cuesta-directed drama stars Ron Eldard and will be released on VOD Dec. 2 and in theaters Jan. 6.
Magnolia Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to the indie drama Roadie, directed by Michael Cuesta (L.I.E.). The company plans a release through its Ultra VOD program Dec. 2, followed by a theatrical release Jan. 6.
Ron Eldard stars as a longtime roadie for Blue Oyster Cult who returns home to Forest Hills, Queens after losing his job and gets mixed up with old high school friends. Bobby Cannavale, Jill Hennessy and Lois Smith co-star.
Gerald Cuesta and Michael Cuesta wrote the screenplay. Mike Downey and Sirad Balducci produced.
“Roadie features a career-best performance from Ron Eldard and he’s matched every step of the way by the ensemble,” said Magnolia president Eamonn Bowles. "Michael Cuesta has skillfully crafted a terrific film that will resonate with anyone who’s had to revisit where they came from.”
Magnolia execs Dori Begley and Chris Matson negotiated the deal with Kevin Iwashina and Christine D'Souza of Preferred Content and Graham Taylor of WME Entertainment on behalf of the filmmakers.
Magnolia recently released Page One: A Year Inside the New York Times, Blackthorn, All Good Things and I Am Love. Upcoming releases include Melancholia, Take This Waltz, I Melt With You and The Good Doctor.
- It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
- The Fight Over Prince’s Estate Continues to Be a Purple-Tinged Nightmare
- Bob Dylan Is Releasing a 36-Disc Set of 1966 Live Albums to Go Immediately on Your Christmas List
- Patton Oswalt Discusses Losing His Wife Michelle McNamara: ‘My ’80s Sitcom Sucks. There’s No Punch Lines.’
- Rob Kardashian Leaks Kylie Jenner's Phone Number: More Details Revealed
- Emily Blunt & John Krasinski Head to Dinner at Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Apartment
- Who Won Presidential Debate 2016? Experts Weigh In on Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump
- Pregnant Katherine Heigl Checks Out Husband Josh Kelley's Concert